Chapter 20

This chapter took a lot out of me. I have yet to edit it. I will later. But I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Smoothing the soft material of my dress down I gazed at myself in the large vanity mirror in my bedroom. I couldn't believe how my life had suddenly just blown up in a matter of seconds. I'd been through a lot, granted, I had put myself in some sticky situations. Bot wow. And now I was sort of settling... adapting to this new habitat and all the strange conditions that came with it. This dinner was going to be interesting. Especially when the found out that the main course was missing. I turned around, eye balling the large bird on my bed that squabbling around until it settled on my pillow and pecked at the large cushion. I had named it Guillotine. Gillot for short The dang turkey had already torn through my room. He knocked down the perfumes atop my dresser, a lamp, and he had spread feather all over the room. Now he was going after my pillow! The chicken clearly didn't understand hero etiquette.

Pushing off from the soft velvet of my seat I stood. "Get off my bed! Or I'll decapitate you myself!" The Turkey paused, and turned it's head in my direction. I was creepy... I mean is body was still turned away from me and he had managed to twist is head around... Yeah, I'm just going to stop there. "This is not how you thank your hero! You should be bring me a sack of sunflower seeds or something. Not destroying my room!" Esh! "You didn't even bother whipping you claws on the mat before getting in my bed." He blinked a beady eye, his feather perking up. I swallowed, after smuggling him into my bedroom from the kitchen the turkey had been a very angry turkey. I spent about 15 minutes running around in circles while a deranged bird chased after me, hackles raised. I showed him who was boss after hurling my brush at him...but I think he still held a grudge. The very reason why my room was a mess. Being the amazing person I am I allowed the bird to vent...who was I to begrudge a bird ---- His anger was clearly aimed at the wrong person but I'd discuss that with him later. "You want something to peck at? I have the perfect thing--person...ummmm demon thing. He's the one who wanted you dead. He wanted a nice, succulent, juicy turkey for our dinner tonight." The turkey bobbed his head before spreading his wings and fluttering down to the floor. He came around the bed, stopped in front of my feet before tilting his head back and gazing up at me, stupidly. "If you would have laid off on all the corn you wouldn't be in this predicament. Don't look at me like that! IT's not like I eat meat in the first place." Damn bird was weird.

There was a knock at my door.

"Shit!" I pointed my finger at a corner, "Ohhhh look Woody Woodpecker." The bird didn't fall for it. He actually veered around me and dove in an opposite direction. Huh. Maybe he was smatter than originally thought. "Oh no you don't." I hissed. Grabbing the blanket off my bed I ran after the crazed bird, thinking that maybe saving him wasn't worth all the trouble after all. I picked the large bundle of turkey up and chucked it in the closet, there was a squawk of protest but it's not like I had time to apologize.

Dragging my hand over my forehead, I wiped away a runaway drop of sweat before I slid open the glass door and slid out into the hall, careful not to reveal my mess of a room

"Sup?" I leaned against the door like one of the cool but uncool guys in a greaser movie.

Cory gazed at me suspiciously as he scrutinized my appearance. "I'm guessing you've done something that I probably don't want to know about?"

Probably," I drawled out.

He shrugged, sending a curious look to the glass door behind me before he straightened. He was all business now. "Zyker sent me to escort you to dinner."

"Already?" Wasn't like I hadn't known I'd have to have dinner with his family but I couldn't help the tramped of nervousness. Zyker parents had been inside the mansion for hours and I had hidden in my room like a frightened uni-lama.