Chapter 13

I was fuming. I was a fuming werewolf, who at the moment felt like a worthless piece of shit. We had gotten from nowhere...to, well, nowhere.

 Angelina's scent from the bus stop was faint, barely there. She had been missing for hours. It had been hours since I had last saw her. Hours since I had last touched her. And it was driving me insane. I didn't know where she was. I didn't know if she was alive and all we did know was that Angelina had stumble into the land of rogues. The exact group of rouges that my father had sent me to investigate and terminate if necessary. They had been wreaking havoc on the packs and humans in this particular region. Several kidnappings and deaths had been reported in the last three months. And Angelina had walked right into their den. Now I'd have to terminate them all. Wanted nothing more than to rip them to shreds.

My mate was just so fucking lucky. Note the sarcasm. She was unlucky. The most unlucky girl on this planet.

 I didn't understand it honestly. She seemed to be a magnet for danger. It seemed that every time I turned my back she was either trying to run away or get herself into trouble. Nothing I did was working. And I hated being a asshole, but what the hell else was I suppose to do? Because being nice didn't seem to work. And I'd hate to end up being the possessive jerk that has to lock and chain his mate up with a key. But nothing else seemed to work.

All I wanted was for her to love me? Love, and accept me. Because I cared so damn much for her. She was everything to me. Everything since the very beginning. And if something happened to her I'd be ruined. Thrust into a world of darkness. Lycan only got one chance at happiness. One mate to protect. One mate who was able to produce young. Angelina was my present and future.  Why couldn't she see that?

"Young Prince!"

I snapped out of my mental break down. Taking a deep breath I masked the pain and turned my attention on the Were approaching me. I didn't know the kids name. And honestly I didn't care.

"What?" I said sharply, turning my hard stare on the trackers who'd just addressed me..

"We've found the girls scent. Along with this--" He produced a phone wrapped in a blue sparkly case. It read "Keep Calm and Love Turquoise." I smirked. Angelina loved blue. Her bedroom had the color adorn in almost every corner of the room. "The device is hers; it has your number in her recent calls list."

I snatched the device from him, holding the phone in my hand. Closing my eyes I tried my best not to let a stupid tear slip from my eyes. I couldn't cry. I wouldn't cry and I especially wouldn't cry in front of my men. I was an Alpha, one thing we didn't show was weakness. Emotion was to be concealed.

My eyes flew open. "Take me to the place where you found the phone. It's time we've ended this."

The tracker nodded before jumping in mid air and shifting into a dark brown wolf with common brown eyes and bristled fur. He shook his large body out before dashing into the darkness. I shifted into my giant golden wolf, dashing after the tracker.

We ended up in a beat up neighborhood, which seemed to be mostly abandoned. There was a potent scent in the air, raw and nasty. I remembered Angelina explaining a scent to me before she had gotten stolen.

"This is the place," I whispered.

The fifteen wolves around me had their eyes trained on a certain spot.

 Prince Zyker..you might want to check this out. Cory's voice called through the pack link.

I met the eyes of Cory. My most trusted warrior, my guard. Moving towards Cory I got a whiff of a familiar scent. A scent that brought relief to my burning nose. Glancing down, I saw a red stain in the brown dirt. A large brown stain that almost brought me to my knees.