Chapter 25

Every day for the past week I visited the library; the keeper became so accustomed to my presence she'd have the book placed out in my usual seat before I'd even arrived. Most of my day I spent with Zyker..when he wasn't in a meeting or conducting business with his father we spent a lot of time together. We were developing a type of friendship I suppose.  I made sure that I arrived back into Zykers room well before he was released from his meetings. 

So far I had learned that Xeres was the moon goddess very first creation. And apparently Lycan's were born with 'gifts' Xeres, being the first and her most favorite Lycan was given two very powerful gifts. He could control dark matter , and he also had the ability to sypher anothers powers. Xeres spiraled out of control, and was drove by the idea of assuming ultimate power. He achived this by consuming other Lycan's abilities. Xeres didn't just want to be the only of his species but he strived to be a god.

Today I wasn't in the mood to return back to Zyker's room.  I waited outside  patiently for them to leave. I hadn't ever been in Zyker office. I actually wasn't allowed in. Zyker had declared that I was forbidden to ever explore this room. Ofcourse I had tried anyways, The guard outside would always prevent by entrance

The doors then were thorn open and out came a bunch of snooby looking men varring in ages.  They all filed out in an orderly fashion, though there was no Zyker. I peered into the room, the guard eyeing me warily.  And what I saw broke me in ways I didn't know possible. Zyker was embracing a girl. Not the beauty from the ball. But a girl equally extraordinary.

Hurt and confused I turned, heading towards the guarden where wolves tended to roam. During my time in the castel I learned that it was not uncommon to see a wolf. Zyker assured me that they were tame and if I ignored them they'd ignore me. So I didn't go up just petting them.

I was so, so stupid. Fratinizing with the enemey. Had I forgotton that I was here against my will? Had I forgottn that I was kidnapped and basically caged in like some animal. Hell the wolves had more freedom then me.  And here I was secretly crushing on my kidnapper. The man who had seperated me and my family. I glanced at the fence. Attempting another escape wouldn't be difficult. Zyker had trusted me enough now that he allowed me to roam outside without an escort. So the issue of being watched was just about nonexistent. 

Who knew that all it took was a little hand holding and some friendly conversation.  But did I want to leave? Was it all that bad?

I ventured further into the garden to where the beautifully placed flowers and trees grew into the more heavily vegetated grassy area where a gate separated the merging  garden from the forest. The bars of the gate was thin and continued high up. To high to climb. But there was a way out. A small hole that I could wedge through  hidden by a couple of overgrown bushes. 

I slid through quite easily and continued my exploration in a slight jog. I wasn't running, not really I had every intention on coming back. Zyker was definitely goin to get a piece of my mind this time around. But the further I ventured into the underbrush the more I seemed to loose my way. The sun was setting, I had turned back around an hour ago and I had only managed to get even more disoriented. There was no way Zyker hadn't found out that I left. I pushed past some thick vines and stumbled into a marvelous meadow.

The setting sun hit jewels sticking from the ground, casting them alight and creating a shimmery halo that surrounded the meadow. Stunned, I stumbled forward to pull a crimson emerald from a large rock in order to examine it closer. Surely this was some sort of decoration...I had learned in one of my classes that people liked to do Land Art..art inspired by nature. Perhaps this was one of these pieces. The red gem wasn't the only gem, there had to be thousands in different varieties of color. They pultruded from the ground in different shapes and colors. What the hell was this? A gem farm?  And as I looked beyond me there were more sparkling rubies. The meadow reached back quite a far distance.