Chapter 24

Amazing, I thought as I walked hand-in-hand with Zyker through some magical court yard that radiated life and happiness. White on pink flowers petals danced around us on the wings of the wind. Bugs hummed along to the relaxing sound of the harmonized waterfalls. There was this amazing tinge of perfectly purified air. The garden was extensive and filled with expensive looking plants and rocks of all sorts of colors. The artwork spayed out along the garden varried from tiny wolf pups to fully grown wolves. Even the benches had wolves carved carefully into the stone. People would kill to take their wedding pictures here.

"Must have cost you a fortune," I mumbled, a little envious.

Zyker glanced out the safety of the shade to the perfectly lit courtyard. "No, my mother did this," he stated plainly.

My jaw dropped. "Y-your kidding? You're telling me your dainty mother...a queen none the less planted this whole little courtyard!" I exclaimed, unbelieving.

Zyker swung around, catching me off gourd I lost my footing. But before I could tumble to my impending doom arms encircled my waist, standing me upright. "You look gorgeous today," he mussed. Eyes drifting along my body. He pulled me tighter as his warm lips drifted across my forehead. Like an idiot, I almost moaded.

"T-thanks?"

He rumbled in what I guessed was approval, before sighing and regaining his hold on my hand. "Come along, Angel. I have to go-"

Panicking, I clutched both of his hands, tilting my head back so I could gaze into his startling emerald eyes. "Go where?" I whined. Feeling extremely need. And at this point I didn't care that I sounded like a two year old posting posting her parents date night. Last time he had 'some where to be,' he'd dissapeared for six days. "Can I go too?" He shook his head. "Why!" I demanded.

Zyker's eyes darkened and I prepared myself for his normal attitued, instead he simply stated: "Because this meeting does not concern you."

Who cares if it didn't concern me. I wasn't going to listen. I just wanted to keep my eye on him....because I didn't trust him. Yeah, thats why. It was time to put my foot down. "I wanna go."

"No"

"You may be a Prince. But you aren't mine."

Zyker lifted a perfectly arched brow in challenge. "Hmmm, I suppose that is true." He leaned forward his eyes gleaming with a sort of determination as he came close to my eye level, his lips inches apart. "But Little Love, I am so much more to you." His hands skimmed the lenght of my hips. And in response I smacked at his broad shoulders. "Stop that you, perv!" But secretly I was dieing for him to do it again. God, when did I begin to enjoy his company?

He sighed, "Angel I have to attend a very important meeting. You are not allowed to join. And I swear to you, once it is over I will return back to your side. In the mean time I will give you free reign of the castle." He reached out, capturing a strand of my hair he gazed at it in wonder. "Just stay out of trouble."

My fist thought was to say; No. No and Hell no. But if he was letting me explore...maybe I could find some answers to my own questions.

Zyker dropped the strand of hair, tugging me to follow. "Hurry, I'm going to be late."

I heaved a sigh of annoyance as I purposely trailed along slowly behind him. And from the glares he shot my way he wasn't at all oblivious to my attemtps at prolonging his absence.

-------------------
This Castel was amazing. Better then Disney's by far. The walls were made up mostly of a gleaming gems and marbles, with trimmings of what I guessed to be real gold. There was expensive vases and statues that I had made a personal duty to touch. But sadly I hadn't found what I was looking for, The library. I had found all sorts of crazy decorated rooms. Lounges and halls. Yet I hadn't found a single book!