Chapter 23

The same reoccurring nightmare that always seemed to end in screams and the ground tinted in a ruby red. The sky crackled with the might of the war as purple eyed beast clashed against one-another until an opponent fell to the ground, littering the green of grass with another edition of red.

And then a broken voice would whisper, they destroyed themselves, bare-witness to their downfall. And witness the beginning of yours. It was always the same beautiful woman. I'd turn to ask her why? But all I'd get in return was a timid sigh, and then i'd jolt awake. Breathing heavily in a cold sweat, in a large dark room all alone. But this time was different. This time I was able to see the end of the vision. A glorious man roaring as he clawed out the throat of another man. I stared at him in absolute fear.

He cannot see you Dearest One.

I turned towards her panicked and confused. "Why! Why do you keep showing me this!" I stumbled back. She didn't even glance my way. The man on the mountain had her complete attention. I could not find it within myself to destroy them. I knew- I knew they had become beyond controllable. So overwhelmed by the need of power and thirst for their own blood. I thought I could control them... and even as I watched. Even as I watched their destruction, I still could not find it in me to destroy him."

Everything clicked into place. This-this never ending vision was hers. This was her vision. The need to gain some form of understanding had me turning back towards the gory scene. Staring at the gloriously beautiful man as he surveyed the bodies around him, power radiating off of his naked skin. "Him, " I whispered.

She frowned, The last Lycan. I had messed up Dearest One. I had underestimated my power. I took humanity for granted, love, emotions; I thought them a weakness for my creations. And it did not exactly play out well that I made them all males. I tried again... Xeres's kind was always meant to be my chosen species. So I created another species. And from that species I created the matting bound. Xeres found his mate, and as I hoped this created stability. There was balance. She consumed his every-thought, guided him, taught him.

"I don't understand."

Lycans were my gift to the world. You are my new gift. Your Lycan will protect you at all cost...

I clutched my pulsing head in aggravation. "You aren't making much since."

Everything is going to change Angelina Rowe. You are so much more than what they all think you are, remember that. Remember that the Moon is on your side.

------------------------------------------

"My lady, please...eat something."

I ignored her.

"Or at least take a bath, it's been eight days, the Prince won't be happy. What do you want? Say the word and I'll go fetch it for you."

I stared down at my clenched hand. "I wan't you to open the bay windows, and then jump."

"Your very rude you know!" I closed my eyes and the monster roaring his victory at the mountain. Xeres. "Your nastiness does nothing to me, hell your little act does nothing to me. Your harming your own damn self. And acting like a spoiled little brat"

"Get out! I screamed hurling the old tray of uneaten food from my bedside and at the infuriating girl. "Get the hell out! Leave me. alone." Emotionally, I think I wasn't completely stable. Several reasons backed my theory.

Reason number one:I was locked in a room, and for some reason I found it extremely difficult to open the door. Reason number two: Zyker Ricarda had been MIA for over the last six days and for some reason that made me not feel A-ok. Reason number three: There was just something far too creepy here, and I was being haunted by some pretty lady's obsessive memory. And reason number four: Who the hell was the hoe?