Chapter 28

Don't spit it out. Don't spit it out.

I gingerly sat my tea cup back on the small plate. The little spoon rattled as my hand shook. A bit of liquid spashed over the edge.

All the while I was summoning up all my inner strength to get down this despicable concoction.

I was once again dressed daightally. My hair pinned back into an elegant up do. Tinny pins jammed into the circumference of my bun. My face was painted in a impeccable way. And I was stuffed into the most lovelyness of expensive silk gown. This one was pink.

"You know," Astrid chimmed as she gazed at me over the rim of her tea cup. "We simply must work on your etiquette skills. I'll have to arrange classes."
I grimaced, "I didnt want classes."
I was also considering getting you a tutor, your education must contine. And I simply can't have you here bored all the time.

School? Oh my god! I had forgotten about School! My friends! Erin... Id have to call him. My heart ached at the thought.

"A tutor?"

Yes in the castel of course. Perhaps the professor can give you your lessons in the morning and you can began etiquette classes in the evening.

I couldn't do a turor. I wanted to be in a class. Amonst other children, I wanted outings, parties, fun.

"What about a real school. I could be
enrolled-"
Astrid sat her cup down. A slight frown formed. " I dont think-"

I rooled my eyez. "You dont think Zyker would be ok with it."

Her face softened. And she clasoed her hand ontoo of mine. "Darling...you have to understand. You..haven't proven to us that you are ready for that just yet. I think. Zyker wants you to become acusstomed to life inside the castel. And we have so much to teach you.

My shoulders slumped at that, it wasnt right. First, Im stripped away from my home. Then I lose the ability to exorcise the basics of freedom. What next? I lose all my sense of self. I felt trapped, I felt....wrong?

"Oh Dear," Astrid leaned forward worried plastered on her face. ""Angelina, I am not telling you no. And I do not wish for you to be unhappy...believe me," she pleaded as she grasped my hand that clung to the handles of my chair. "Just..talk to Zyker. And if I must I will step in. But do not be sad, it truly breaks my heart." She leaned forward and clasp my hand in the most gentle of touches.

A sliver of determination thrummed through me. "Ill talk to Zyker."

_________________________________________
"Angelina!" Cory bowed his head, before giving me a huge smile. "Your not supposed to be here-"

I rushed him, my arms wrapping tightly around his waist as I let lose a tiny squeal.
Cory had been gone for awhile, Zyker said he had been deployed for some diplomatic issue. But he was here! He was back.

"Angelina! This is not appropriate." He gave me a small pat to my back before stepping back and repositioning himself in his most dignified position.

I shrugged. "I need to see your royal asshole."

Hes in a meeting, um sure he'll visit you later.

"You've been gone for awhile, but hes become a expert at evasion." Cory looked at me as though he wanted to question me further, but I knew he wouldn't. "Now excuse me. I have to talk to him..." I side stepped Cory but he mirror my movement and was once again planted firmly infront of me.

"Angelina...I can't allow you into that room."

Normally I would throw a temper tantrum...but I had began to realize temper tantrums didn't get me very far. And Cory was probably expecting a melt down. This time a surge of energy went threw me.