Chapter 6 (❄)

Three days, three days had went by since I'd went to Erin's house. Within those three days we'd done so many things. Erin took me and Riley to some awesome arcade where we played laser tag. It took a while for me to get a hang of the whole thing, took two rounds for me just to figure out that I was to shoot at the opposing team and not my team mates who were in green. Once I'd gotten a hang of it my reactions became quicker, I was able to predict when someone was coming up behind me or around a corner. I have to admit, I sort of felt like a bad ass. I'd even managed to score second place in one round. Totally a bad ass.  The next day, we went to the movies, just me and Erin that time. He took me out to dinner afterward, even though I was full on popcorn and slushy.

Me and Erin's relationship had grew immensely. We were practically inseparable. We'd stay up all night on facetime, and when one of our phone's died we'd Skype each other. He'd come over and hang out. My parents became so use to him that he was allowed in my room now.  That never happened! Like EVER. My parents had always been so damn solicitous. Erin had invited me and my parent out to go to a carnival with his family, I think that was our funnest outing, despite our parents. Erin got on every roller coaster, sometimes I'd just watch, Sometimes I'd join on other rides that didn't douse my belly in the cold depths of fear. Roller coasters were not my thing.

The fun hadn't stop yet either.

Tonight I was going to a party! Yep. Erin had picked me up this morning to go to the park with Sophie and he'd mentioned a party. A party!

I'd never been to one. I guess that was why I was so giddy, or maybe it was just because being around Erin made me happy. His world was foreign to me. When I was younger I'd get invitations, take them home to my parent and watch them throw the decorative card away. I wasn't allowed to go to parties. After a while those invitations stopped coming.

Erin knew I was extremely happy about this, but he didn't understand why. I hadn't told him everything yet. He knew bits and pieces- like my engagement to the stranger. He'd gotten extremely mad about that, cursing my parents. He thought they were sick. But there were things he didn't know about. Like my necklace, the pedant that the stranger had given me that had never came off my neck, my little golden wolf with emerald eyes...and then there was the time when I'd have to leave him. That our friendship would come to an end- No our friendship would never end. Because I wouldn't marry this stranger. I wouldn't. I couldn't. Erin had become a— a part of me. He'd opened the door to a world I'd only dreamed of being a part of. Sometimes it amazed him how in awe I'd get over the simplest of things. This was all new to me, my parents had kept me locked behind four wall all my life, and then he came along.

"You've got that look again," looking up I watched Erin take the seat next to me on the park bench.

He'd become so good at reading me that he was able to tell when I was worried or stressing about something. I scooted closer to him, and snuggled up on his shoulder. "What look?" I mumble, tiredly.

"The, "My-life-sucks-and-all-is-coming-to-a-end-look," he said solemnly. "I hate when you get that look. Nothing is going to happen Angie." Then jokingly he said, "your best friend is here to make sure you get lots of sunshine and fresh water."

I laughed, watching as he grabbed my hand, holding it up to the sun. We both stopped to examine the tan I'd just began to get.

"Promise?" I asked, suddenly. Erin dropped my hand, glancing down at me, his icy blue eyes locked with mine, questioningly.

"Promise what?" He asked, looking towards the play ground where Sophie was going down a loopy red slide.

The soft breeze stirred the strands of my hair around. "Promise you'll always be here-" I cracked a smile as I repeated his words from earlier. "Promise me that you'll make sure I always get some sunshine."