Chapter 1❄

Here I was, once again in the middle of an all out dodge ball war. I stood taunt in the middle of the room watching a bunch of colorful balls wiz across the room.

I made my way over towards the biggest guy in the room and fitted myself behind him. The big guy was one of the best athletes in this class, I was safe, as long as I stayed behind him.

I watch as he hurled ball, after ball at the smaller students, his aim was flawless. But that wasn't enough to stop him from being taken out by two other big guys on the other team. So here I was, defenseless in the middle of a battlefield. A ball whizzed passed by my face and I squealed, running to the other side of the room. 

The coach blew his whistle. "Angelina get in the game!" I looked up to glare at the fat old man but instead I locked eyes with a giant red ball.  The impact knocked me to the ground, painful tingles pulsed through my face. I was pretty sure that it was going to bruise. I couldn't help the tears that dabbled on the brim of my eyes and began falling down my face. I tried my best to stop them, scrunching up my nose, I inhaled deeply.

The sub coach blew his whistle calling  the game off. He made his way over to me and lifted me up to my feet. "Do you need to go to the nurse?" I nodded my head whipping away the tears. I heard the giggles of my classmates as they stared at my bruised face.

Thanks guys, for the moral support.

"I'll take her." A kid stepped out of the sea of kids. I was shocked because this wasn't just any kid. This was the most popular kid in the 10th grade. He was the student body president. Star football player and he was the richest kid in the city. He was Erin Whitt. "Here," he said lifting me into his arms. "I'll carry you." 

"My legs work just fine," I mumbled but allowed him to hoist me into his broad arms. He carried me all the way to the nurses office, setting me down on one of the beds. The nurse examined my face handing me me a ice pack and promising me that I wouldn't have any bruising. But I'd have to deal with a red face for the rest of the day.

That news brought me great relief. I so didn't want to walk around the school with a purple and black face.

"Erin, I think you should take her home. I'll excuse you both for the rest of the day... Just drive safely, Ok?" She shot him a smile over her shoulder.  

"Yeah, sure mom." He said, slightly annoyed.

Wait mom? I glanced up a the nurse. No way? His mom worked at our school? I stared at the woman. They didn't look alike. I saw some minor features that they shared. He had blue eyes just like her but his hair wasn't blond like hers. Erin had a nose that looked similar to hers but that was about it. Erin lifted an eyebrow at me when he caught me gazing between the two of them. I quickly glanced away.

"Don't get mad honey, I just don't want to see anymore speeding tickets." She walked over to the trash tossing the gloves she had on, in the garbage. "I don't like it when you and your father argue. And I hate it when I end up being brought into the argument because you keep disobeying the law."

Erin shot up. "Are you done because we've got to get on the road. Angelina looks exhausted." He walked over to me, helping me down from the table.

I wasn't that tired at all. I actually wanted to stay but I wasn't passing up missing Calculus. And who could pass up a nap?

His mother watched us, her eyes squinting slightly. "Yeah, I'm finished." And with that Erin grabbed me by the elbow and practically dragged me out of the room. Grumbling about how a couple of speeding tickets from the past wasn't really a big deal. That caused me to snort and earned me a glare from Erin in return.

"Are you really taking me home?" I asked. I really did want to go home. Exhaustion had taken over and I wanted to do nothing more than sleep in my warm and cozzy bed. Plus I didn't want to be here when rumors got around that the A class loser fell out crying in gym class today.

Erin began walking down the schools hall. I reluctantly followed after him. "Of course I'm taking you home." He sounded offended that I thought he wouldn't. "Here wait here and I'll go get my keys." He jogged down the empty hall and disappeared around a corner.

I settled by a window and sat down in front of it. I heard voices and I squeezed my eyes shut trying to seem as small as possible, praying that I was invisible. I watched a group of teenagers round the corner and since I had terrible luck, they looked over and noticed me by my window. Of course they walked over, of course it had to be when Erin had just left me alone.

"Well look who it is," The blond of the group sneered. Her voice made me want to crawl up in a ball. "It's the worlds most pathetic human being." Her friends laughed.

I gritted my teeth together. "Know what Shirley? I'm surprised you actually know how to use 'pathetic' in a correct sentence." I regretted firing back because her eyes flared with anger and she reached out and slapped me, in the exact same spot the red ball bounced off earlier. I was for sure going to have a bruised face now.

Her friends laughed. "You stupid piece of shit." She slapped me again and I felt my eyes water. "You are fucking pathetic! Your parent are the most unluckiest people in the world. You should have been aborted, you are a mistake. No one loves you. No one likes you and you should just drop dead." Her hand balled into a fist and I knew what was coming next. Don't ever talk to me like that again or I'll-

"Hey!" It was Erin, Id never been so relieved. "What the hell Shirley? Get the fuck away from her!"

Shirley glared at me, straightening she turned towards Erin and smiled bashfully at him. "Erin!" She exclaimed brightly. "I was just teaching this loser a lesson."

Erin glared so hard at her, I swear I saw her flinch. "Move." His voice was dry, the distaste clear in his tone.

She looked down at me and then back at him. "What?" She sounded confused.

"I said MOVEEE!" He pushed her out of the way and she fell into one of her friends who quickly steadied her. Erin bent down and pulled me into his arms. "Touch her again and I swear to god, no one will be able to stop me from kicking your ass Shirley. Girl or not." And with that Erin carried me to his car. I didn't speak a word. Not even when he slid me into the passenger seat and buckled me in. It was all completely unnecessary but I didn't want to argue. Dude had just saved me from getting a black eye.  

He got into his side asking me my address I told him and then I settled back into silence. I think I fell to sleep on the way home because Erin shook me awake. 

"Were here." He step back so I could slide out of the car. He walked with me up to my door. 

"Listen, thanks for taking me home and stuff." He lifted an eye brow. "I wont talk to you around school or come up to you. I know the deal." I tried to smile but it failed. Boys like him didn't befriend girls like me. So I opened my door, but Erin grabbed my arm before I could get in. 

"We are still going to see one another." He smiled. "Your lonely days are over, baby. You have me now." He winked and then whirled around and walked back to his car. I watched him speed away.

"He is so going to get another ticket." I went inside and shut the door. "Mom! Dad! I'm home!" 

Go Through's With The Crew

1#) Angelina is 15 guys.