|21| An Angel's Questionnaire

Start from the beginning

Jungkook groaned inwardly.

This is bad.

"I was investigating certain things few weeks ago... certain things that caught my eye and I wasnt sure of how to deal with it, considering it has never happened. But since, Jinhwa- who handles deceased souls, has come into this same picture- and although he hasn't disclosed me any information, I can connect two and two and see what is happening here-" Namjoon paused, looking up- his brown eyes shimmering "but I'd like to hear this from you Jungkook. What did you do to Kim Taehyung?"

Jungkook sipped his liquor and hummed- seemingly amused "you make it sound like I did naughty stuff with Detective Kim, brother..."

"Jungkook" Namjoon grit his teeth a little, tired and wanting to know Jungkook's reasons.

"Why, as you say, Detective Kim- who was up on Jinhwa's list- who's supposed to be dead. Still alive and breathing? What. Did. You. Do?" Namjoon asked straight away.

Jungkook unfolded his legs and exhaled softly.

"A deal." Jungkook smirked "I made a deal with him."

Namjoon's lower jaw dropped- he had prepared himself for the worst.Yes. But this? This was way more unhinged than worst.

"You made a WHAT?!" Namjoon yelled.

"A deal brother. A classic old contract." Jungkook shrugged.

Namjoon blinked, trying to assimilate his thoughts but none of it made sense.

Kim Taehyung made a deal with the Devil.

So Kim Taehyung knows, Jungkook is the Devil?

And everything is alright?

And so if, saving his life from death was his end of the contract- why hasnt Jungkook made a move yet?

What is even happening?

Namjoon was beyond confused.

"Ah... there's so much confusion in the air-" Jungkook shook his head, sighing "to help you ease your thoughts, well- Detective Kim doesnt know I'm the Devil."

"What?" Namjoon looked up, his eyebrows scrunched up.

"Detective Kim doesnt know.. I'm the Devil." Jungkook repeated, blinking innocently.

"And if he doesnt know about it, then how in the first place did he summon you? And why is that he was saved from death?!" Namjoon poured out his thoughts, unable to confine them.

"Ah- about that..." Jungkook chuckled at the distinct memory "he summoned me accidently, well.. that's what I think. Considering he doesnt acknowledge me as the Devil at all. And Oh- it was actually interesting. Did you know one could summon me with a sandwich?! A Sandwich!" Jungkook laughed amused with his own words "Bloody hell- I had never known a mortal could summon me with a sandwich and a bloody pricked finger. It was literally mindblowing-" Jungkook continued rambling, while Namjoon watched with disbelief.

"He summoned you... accidently-" Namjoon paused, then burst all the way through "AND IF YOU KNEW THAT THEN WHY DID YOY ACCEPT IT YOU IDIOT?!"

"WELL THAT'S BECAUSE I WAS AMAZED ALRIGHT?! ITS NOT LIKE EVERYDAY A MORTAL SUMMONS ME WITH A FUCKING SANDWICH!" Jungkook replied, throwing the same childish tantrum.

Namjoon sighed, pressing the bridge of his nose- Jungkook will definitely kill him one day.

"Alright.. alright.. so, you're telling me- the Detective summoned you unknowingly, and you accepted it, even granted his side of the deal- to end up being striked off from Jinhwa's list of deceased souls?" Namjoon asked calmly, regaining his composure and taming his frustration. "Kim Taehyung asked you... to save his life and you did so, without reconsidering you were banished to do so?"