|31| Jealousy, as calm as Juno's blood

Chapter 31: Jealousy as calm as Juno's blood.

_________________________________________

WARNING: Gore content. :)

I wrote over 6.7k cause I'm too lazy to split into two chapters and don't want this booking extending over 60 chapters-

_________________________________________

Taehyung mumbled a holy shit in the back of his head, when he noticed rows of tables occupied, gambling without a care of the world or the law.

Seoul definitely had its fun spots, but Gambling was absolutely illegal, unless of course, if given a special pass from the Government itself to run a transparent Casino.

But this?

An underground Gambling center?

No.

Absolutely not.

Taehyung sneaked his hand into his pocket to pull out his phone, but was abruptly blocked when a figure stepped into his view, firmly holding onto his arm mid-way.

"Now don't be like that Detective Kim..." Jungkook whispered in his ear, his voice delicately soft. He continued, "At this moment, its not just my eyes that's latched onto you"

Taehyung's face flushed a little as his eyes widened, discreetly glancing at few tables who were eyeing him suspiciously.

The Detective let out a breath.

Close call.

"Let's not be impulsive hm?" Jungkook added with a small grin on his lips, stepping back a bit to put some distance between the two.

Taehyung averted his gaze, feeling embarrassed with the fact that an absolute weirdo was guiding him, a renowned officer through a mission.

Seriously-

He was repeatedly making silly mistakes like some poor damsel in distress.

Taehyung cursed his mind and heart for not cooperating throughout the night.

He cleared his throat and moved past the raventte "yeah whatever"

Grinning, Jungkook followed the Detective's lead, who took a seat around a table.

Their primary objective was the informant's notion of 'something big' going down in the restaurant that was related to their recent lead cases.

And that being said, Arresting petty gamblers could be handled later.

"Palce your bets gentlemen" the lean man spoke up, in a quiet, bored tone. He wore a black vest over a faded-white shirt, trying to achieve the same bar as that of a professional Casino table handler. However, his droopy monolidded eyes and frowning lips with his disheveled state made him look very... questionable.

"Uh- I-" Taehyung began but immediately bit his tongue when Jungkook pulled out a wad of cash and slammed it on the table.

"He's playing" Jungkook announced, propping his folded elbow on the Detective's shoulder.

Red signals blared in Taehyung's mind.

Nope. Uh uh.

This can't be happening.

Whilst Taehyung found himself drowning in morbid tension, countless mouths let out whispers and gasps looking at the bundle of cash.

"Jungkook- I cant-" Taehyung whispered looking at the male above him, but the other, simply ignored him.