|19| He bites to the Bone

Chapter 19: He bites to the Bone

__________________________________________

T/W: mentions of corpse and gore content.

_________________________________________

Taehyung stepped out of his car and locked it, his mind wandering all over the place.

There wasnt anything particular that had consumed his thoughts- no... there were just a lot of things happening at the moment and Taehyung wasnt quite sure what to grasp onto.

Reaching his apartment at around 4:30am in the morning only to leave by 6:15am didnt help him much.

The fact that he could infact hold his line of vision straight on the road without crashing into anybody, despite the exhaustion was pretty much a great deal.

It wasn't like Taehyung was some superhuman- no... he was tired, he was extremely tired, but he couldn't just drop on his bed to rest.

Everything flew by the previous night, Taehyung admitted.

He had planned to get some dinner with Jungkook and talk things through of what had happened on the Geomjeongbaem mission... but recieving an emergency call from the precinct, the two had to leave immediately to the site only to witness a twisted gruesome crime where the victim unfortunately turned out to be one of Jungkook's employee.

Quite frankly, Taehyung doesn't recall much of what had happened after that.

Nor does he recall what Jungkook's expression looked like.

Admitting that the victim was indeed one of his employees... he simply stood up, dusted his pants and walked back to where Taehyung was standing.

And they didnt share a word after that.

Taehyung wasn't sure of what to say and neither did Jungkook initiate a conversation- so they simply stood there and carried on with the investigation, without looking at each other.

Comfort-talking or sweet-talking was never Taehyung's forte... Taehyung couldnt really stand still to hear about someone's sob story nor could he afford to have the patience to tell them his own- to be honest, this was one of his laid back features why Taehyung absolutely refused on having partners.

But still.

Taehyung sighed shutting his eyes, as he paused on the steps. The cool early morning breeze ruffling his already messed-up hair.

But still...

He pursed his lips.

But still I should have said something- I should have said something to Jungkook.

Taehyung sighed again, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Sure the victim was probably an employee among hundreds of others- but Jungkook knew her a tad bit more to recognize her corpse in an instant.

Taehyung grit his teeth, annoyed at himself.

Even if Jungkook was probably the most irritating person he had met in his entire life- Taehyung couldnt shake off the guilt of not having spoken to him after the crime scene was wrapped up. Not just for formality and basic decency- atleast for Jungkook's sake who was always trying so hard to be his partner.

Yeah... for being his partner.

Taehyung pushed away his bangs on his forehead.

Some partner I am...