|52| The Citadel under Sea

Chapter 52: The Citadel under Sea.

___________________________________________

Hiiii♡

How yall been???

I dished this out in a hurry, don't mind the errors, I'll get to them a day or two later because I was excited to post this now. Lol anyway...

Content Warning: mentions of slight gore.

Recommended music: (for the first bit and the final half of this chapter)

•Distant Memories- Nox Arcana

Happy Reading♡
___________________________________________

Taehyung pursed his lips together, throat running dry. An awful sensation climbing up his guts, clawing at his insides to pull them apart.

With flailing arms he grabbed the counter in the dark, buckling over to steady himself. He heaved a breath to tame his searing lungs. His vision, muddled to black spots interfering his line of sight only managing to figure out he was still at Jungkook's penthouse.

He stumbled, holding onto the edge of the kitchen island. His knees wobbled, a sharp burn sizzling to its wake on the side of his neck..

He gripped onto the cold marble, his knuckles turning white. Sweat dribbled down his face and onto the counter, his reflection hollow like his eyes, except for a ring of fire burned bright on his neck.

Taehyung grit his teeth, biting back the shriek that surfaced in his throat. He helplessly tried to scratch the blazing orange away, only to hasten the burn that consumed him.

"Jungkook!" He cried out, tears in his eyes watching the teeth indentations sear further into his bone.

"JUNGKOOK!" He rasped out like a gasping animal, gripping onto his neck that bled fiercely, pouring out black tar and fire, engulfing the ground in flames.

A sharp sound of a zither beamed in and the Detective whipped his head to its source, a cold, pale face greeting him from the shadows.

The man opened his eyes, the cerulean blue of his eyes deafening the mortal's ears.

Doctor Min? ??

Taehyung's lungs expanded, the 'Zang' booming once more and he quickly shifted his gaze to the warm red sun of scarlet lillies looming over his spine.

Taehyung's breath hitched, his face stiffening. The red eye met with his gaze, calm unlike its fierce nature, seemingly pouring a silent reconciliation to the mortal trapped beside it in the space. The air turned sweet to the tongue and the ring of fire flayed on Taehyung's neck slowly receded, stitching up the indentations.

The blazing red sun then collided with the mortal's chest, disintegrating into golden dust.

Taehyung's eyes flew open, gasping, he sat upright.

His chest rose and fell, his shirt sticking to his chest from the sweat that clung to his skin.

He ran his gaze around, the dark sheets to his bedside ruffled and empty. He dug his head into his palms, the events from the night before pouring in fresh and the Detective let out a breath.

He ripped the sheets off from his legs, making his way to the attached bathroom at the corner of the room.

Taehyung stood before the mirror, his hands on either side of the ceramic sink, the tap running. He splashed his face with cool water, the droplets trickling down his face.