|58| The prodigal son returns

Chapter 58: The prodigal son returns

__________________________________________

Hi sup yall?

It's been a while I guess.

Recommended music:
•Deacons of the Deep - Nobuyoshi Suzuki [for the first half, for movie feels haha]

__________________________________________

"What the hell did you just say?"

The priest stares, eyes full of life and perseverance. The hems of his charcoal grey robes, fluttering as the winds pick up.

"Word of God." The man responds, his mouth pulled into a thin line. The stubble on his chin matching the faint Greys in his hair– possibly someone who had crossed his 40s.

The Devil scoffs and breaks into a chuckle. A much.. dangerous chuckle.

"Word of God... Word of God. Huh. Did you just not hear what I said, priest?" He looks down at the man. "Do you have too much time on your hands, hm?"

The Priest smiles.

"Why is that I should leave when this is my path?"

Jungkook thinks about it, tucking his malicious thoughts away. He crosses his arms over his chest and holds his ground— a mountain that cannot be moved, he speaks in subtlety, words fluent but full on venom.

If this is your path, you better walk around then.

"Say, nameless priest, what message has lead you to this path then?"  Jungkook asks, civil despite the itch to grab the mortal man by his neck growing under his skin.

Jungkook half expects, madness or poor decisions, for an answer from the priest yet the suspiciously oblivious– or perhaps a very suspiciously all-knowing man, goes, "The Light."

The light.

Right.

Jungkook purses his lips and then grins, full of mockery

"The light does not lead its way to darkness, Priest. Your path is in a dire need of redirection here." He replies with faux politeness.

The man's eyebrow twitches and Jungkook feels smug at the tug.

"The light spreads to all crevice there is.." The priest replies cooly "it is only the marred, tainted, flesh that hides in cowardice."

The Devil sneers, his pearly whites growing wider. Each smile more gut wrenching that the one before.

"It is only Human who hides in cowardice." He retorts, gesturing the pedestrians walking past— barely paying attention to either of them.

"Ofcourse" the priest replies with a knowing look in his eyes.  "And it is the Devil who walks the Earth"

Jungkook fixes his coat, buttoning up his suit and then his cuffs, he looks up, smug "That's right."

The priest doesn't say anything to that.

Jungkook glances at his watch and then back up at the man.

"Well, would you look at that? I got a tight schedule to catch upto—" Jungkook speaks, voice gravel yet calm as he walks up ahead to the man "Perhaps you could stop by to chat sometime. I've got some of the best whiskeys in my bar."