Chapter 11

A bang sounded and the doors of the ballroom flew open.

Two men.

With red masks.

And guns.

They had the guns pointed at two girls, who screamed in terror. I couldn't let this happen! I had to protect them! I went to step forward, but Takashi had an iron grip around my torso. The men had creepy smiles, the kind that gave you shivers.
"Oliver. you cannot go over there." Takashi whispered into my ear, so that they couldn't hear us.
"Takashi. you cannot keep me here. protection is what I do. if I'm stopped, you may not see me ever again. think about the options." his arms loosened slightly, but still not enough.
I saw Mitsukuni on my left with a look that could kill. Quite literally. He was softly growling, but he knew that even he and Takashi were no match for the guns.
Glancing to my left, I saw Tamato with a grip on Haruhi, but he was looking over here. He had tears in his eyes, as he didn't want me to fight those men, but he knew better than to make me sit on the sidelines.
"Oliver please. Please! I don't want you to get hurt!" My brother should understand. why doesn't he understand?
"Tamaki, look at the options. someone is going to get hurt no matter what. I'd rather it be me."
"I wouldn't!" The whole host club whispered at the same time.
"Hey! Stop talking over there! We have a ransom." The first gunman shouted at us.
"We need Oliver Suoh. Where is she?" The second asked.

        My heart stopped.

No no no! I shouldn't have left the Protection Program! Stupid!
I have the dagger I always keep with me hidden in my dress. I'm ready.
Except, they couldn't recognize me with my mask on. Maybe we could get away with this.
"If you don't hand her over we kill the two girls!"
"She isn't here!" Some random person screamed. I didn't know them, but I'll have to thank them later, if anyone makes it out alive.
"Well then we will just have to kill all of you then." They clicked the safety off and got ready to shoot.
The room was silent except for the whimpers of some girls.
"Wait! I'm here." Takashi was so surprised that his grip faltered and I was able to slowly slip out.
I carefully untied my mask and dropped it on the floor. It landed with a small bounce, then rested still.

No one moved.

I slowly walked over to the creepy gunmen with the perverted smiles, my heels clicking against the marble floors. As long as everyone else is okay.
"What do want? Why do you want me?" They grimaced then chuckled, "You saved one of our targets a couple years back. it looks like the bullet wound healed nicely. But don't worry, these wounds I'm about to inflict will never heal." Oh my god. He's the one that shot my shoulder when I disarmed that bomb last year. But that's all that I heard. His threats never fazed me. they weren't important.
"Okay. You can do whatever the hell you want to me, but you cannot harm anyone here. Do you understand me?"
I could hear people crying and whimpering in the background. But I didn't care. I've never cared.
The man aimed his gun and my foot, and shot. but I didn't get hit.
His aim made me cringe, it was horrible.
And then I realized something I hadn't, ever before. When in the face of danger and death, your senses spike. I realized that the room smelt like chocolate and cake, I saw just how beautiful the detail on the decorations were. I heard everything, the man breathing heavily with the nervous excitement of finally getting to kill me, the soft whimpers of terrified girls. I felt the soft fabric of my dress and the sweat on my forehead. And I realized that, I never wanted to feel this again. But I wanted to feel that sense of, "everyone's okay, and not injured or dead. Everyone is fine." that's what I lived for. and that's what I will continue to live for.
"Missed me." I taunted him, trying to buy enough time to get everyone out safely. I heard security running down the hall, but I couldn't let them hear it.
"You know," a group of three girls exited the room behind the gunmen, "I've had people come for revenge before, but never, have they ever told me exactly what case." he was listening now,trying to understand what the hell I was getting at. "They've never told me why. I've always had to look it up later. You are the first person the ever do that." More girls getting out. Haruhi got out, as did at least a quarter of the guests. good. more people safe. the boys stayed, though, much to my dismay. "i don't know what it is, but you're different. why did you tell me? Why didn't you just get your revenge? Why haven't you? Why-"
"Because I want to hear you scream as I kill you painfully!!" The gunman interrupted me, looking angry and embarrassed.
That's when the second one real eased the girl he was holding and pointed his gun at me too. two guns. One girl. okay. I can do this.
Don't think about the past, don't breakdown. I owe it to the girls.

     I owe it to the Host club.

    Suddenly security and the police rushed in, killing both gunman and taking them away.
And before I could cry or breakdown, I blacked out.