1

"Nigga where is yo shirt. You come in this bitch everyday with no shirt on and a open jacket like you bout to do a porn scene." Everybody laughed at chris comment

"Man shut up. I do what the hell I want. And why you so worried bout what I got on? You ain't the fashion police."

"Shiiid, with the shit you got on I outta be. Looking like you finna model for a hood magazine."

"Ain't you suppose to be cutting this mama hair why you worried bout my clothes."

I went to my station and got ready for one of the customers to come to my chair. The barbershop is the only place I can escape the shit I got going on. It's like when I'm at home I'm dealing with bullshit from both sides. I got my mom in one ear telling me about my girlfriend nia then I got nia complaining to me about my mom and the woman she likes to invite over. I don't be having time for this shit. When I go to work I know I can just relax have good conversation without the extra dramatic and crazy shit.

"All I'm saying is you can't compare Chick-fil-A and canes. That's like comparing Hood pussy to ratchet pussy." Yea I came in at the wrong time

"See that's a different topic cuz hood pussy is that shit that make you forget about why you got in the streets in the first place. Now ratchet pussy makes you wonder if you should've lived off your mama the rest of your life and stayed in the basement."

See what I mean. These negro be having me doing with these topics and how they explain shit. I never heard no shit like this.

"Nah bruh what kinda logic is that? Scratch that, what kinda pussy you been in?"

"The kind that have you thinking bout some things on another level." Everybody busted out laughing at cas. I think he smokes too much

I finished with a customer and swipe around my area. The door opened and everybody got quiet I wasn't even looking up but I seen a shadow. When I looked up I seen nia standing there with this mad face. Why she even come in here. This is my sanctuary of peace.

"What's up baby, why you here?"

"Who is the girl David?" Why she gotta scream

"What are you talking about? Do you not see me at work."

"David don't play with me. I know you saw a girl yesterday at your mothers house. And I know you got her number. I'm not stupid David."

She be irritating me on the highest of levels of irritation.

"First off don't come in here tryna scream like you own this bitch. And second I can't control who my mama brings to her house. I go over there to spend time with my mother not no female so cool the fuck out."

"Nah cuz I really don't trust it or ya mama. That woman ain't like me from jump and every time you go over there is always some bitch over there with her. Tell ya maw stop playing fucking match maker cuz you got a girlfriend already."

She don't ever come in here and now that she has she really lost her mind and I'm sick of the back and forth with her and my mother. They need to stop telling me they issues with each other and go get help cuz that's not my fucking problem.

"Man look y'all gone stop coming to me about this shit cuz I'm tired of hearing about y'all both. Either y'all work it out or shut up about each other. I ain't no damn counselor and if you need one I got a few numbers now please leave my shop and we can continue this at home."

"Hell no we gone continue this right here."

Bruh like seriously. The whole fucking shop is watching this shit go down and I'm just embarrassed at this point. The doorbell rung and some female walked in with a kid. I can already se show this finna go down. Nia about to think I'm dealing with another female and got a kid.

"You know what. I don't have time for this since you wanna act like you can hear or pay attention. And why you starting at that bitch over there? That must be one of your many girlfriends that be at your mama house. And she got a kid wow David."

"I don't even know her and you already assuming."

I gave up on listening to her and told the female to bring lil man to the chair.

"Eddie where you going?" He calls his mama by her first name

"I'll be back Evan. Just gotta make a quick run. Be good for the barber okay?"

"Alright." He pouted when she started walking away. I ain't even gone lie his mama fine as hell

"So you gone stare at the bitch like I'm not in front of you David?" And we are back to reality

"Hey don't talk about my sister like that. She look better than you." Everybody laughed cuz lil man told her off

"Pffsht you gone let this lil kid disrespect me like that?"

"I mean that is his sister and you were wrong for calling her out her name and she ain't even do you nothing."

"Just like you david to take some random lil non working nappy head child's side."

"Man nah you getting real disrespectful like he not sitting right here. Nia leave the shop now and go home or matter of fact go get another job while you worried about me."

"Fuck you David."

"You won't be."