18

It was getting late and I just got off work. Luckily after school let out Davis was able to pick up Evan and keep him. I walked to the garage and I could hear someone screaming. Grabbing my gun off my hip I cocked it back and walked towards where I could hear the sounds. When I reach my destination I peeked sound the edge of the building and seen some man trying to rape a young girl.

I quickly pointed ran up to them and licked him off of her. I pointed my gun at him and cocked it back. I made him turn around with his hands up and patted him all over. Every weapon he had was mine now. I handcuffed him and called it in. After the cops came and took him away I met up with the ambulance at the hospital. The girl looked scared and beaten up.

"Sweetheart what's your name and do you know how you got out there?"

She looked like she couldn't speak a word. I didn't want to pressure her into talking. I've seen cases like this where girls get trafficked and are scared to talk because they say the pimp will kill them for saying anything to law enforcement.

"You don't have to be scared. We are here to protect you from whoever is doing this to you."

"I'm Haley. Can you really protect me. I don't wanna go back."

"Yes we can. I am here to help you and make sure you are safe. No one will ever harm you again as long as you're with me."

"He said he would kill me if I ever went to the cops."

"Who is he?"

"Levi." I wrote the name down on my pad

"Can you describe Levi?"

"He's tall kinda caramel and light at the same time. Talks like an Italian but looks like a Mexican."

"And was that the man so was on you earlier."

"No that was someone who bought me for the night."

"How did you end up in a trafficking ring?"

I wrote everything down making sure not to miss nothing. This sounds oddly familiar to another case we are working on. Possibly the same man and two different human trafficking rings.

"One day after school I went to the park with my friends. I had to pee so I went to the park bathroom. That didn't last long. When I left out a bag was over my head and I was being tied up. I screamed but no one could hear me I guess. I knocked out soon and when I woke up I was naked and chained to a floor. Some mama had came in the room and said I worked for Levi now and I had no choice. They let men rape me and other girls. I couldn't walk or anything. I got beaten for talking back or disobeying. I tried to run away but the punishments only got worse. I have bruises and whoop cuts on my back as well. I know my mommy bad been looking for me. I was hoping she would find me or call for help. It's been a two years since that day. I should be in high school right now."

She started to cry and I hugged her reassuring her that everything will be alright. We have to catch this prick and fast. There are others out there going through the same thing. She can help us find the girls and bring Levi down. I hate to see these types of situations it makes me think of my mother. She let herself go when dad died. Drugs, prostituting, drinking,  she never really cared how she looked or what she wore.

When she had Evan she wanted to give him away because she couldn't take care of no more kids. She was lucky enough to even have Evan. She had so many abortions or miscarriage's. I was happy when she gave birth to Evan. I thought it would make her stoop with the drugs and drinking but it only got worse.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

I walked up to the door and Dave had opened it for me. I did not feel like taking my key out. Seeing him just brightened up my night a little. I'm still in shock over the whole thing. Poor Haley told me so many I stories about those men and what they did to those poor girls. I flew into David's arms and just stayed there wrapping my legs around this waist.

"E are you alright?"

"Today just really bright sadness to my eyes. That poor girl almost raped and being brought into a human trafficking ring. I have to find my mother and get her help."