Your Favorite Little Carrot

Chapter 7:

Snow Whites Pov

"...you know you don't have to hide under there, right?"

I could feel my emotions well up and felt ashamed of being caught in such a position.

"So who's the cutie you've been hiding?"

"Excuse me?" my voice faltered. I was willing to act stupid than admit a man was under my sheets.

Alya voice became teasing,"You were with the F7 and from the rumors, one of them kissed you!"

I was flustered on what to say. There weren't many who ever saw me and Merlin kiss so I couldn't imagine how that rumor spread. I really didn't want to answer Alaya considering that  Merlin was literally breathing into my neck.

Instead, I gave a lame sound of acknowledgment.

"Mmhmm"

It was almost unbearable to feel Merlin's nose brush against my neck. I wanted to die as his nose gently rubbed against my pulse. My skin became so sensitive that goosebumps rose from my arms. With every little inhale he took of my scent he would exhale fanning my hot skin. I was so aware of him and his every move that I could feel his lips turn upwards, ever so slightly. 

"So who was it?"

Letting out a shaky breath, I could barely hear what Alya was saying. This was so embarrassing. I couldn't tell if this maid knew who I was hiding with, purposefully wanted to embarrass me, or actually cared. I feel so distressed nervous that I'm practically sweating.  Closing my eyes, I wish that my friends would just leave.  It was hard to tell who was sweltering more under the covers, the suffocating man or I. 

A few moments had passed and I had yet to respond. The maid seemed to take notice. Her voice was apologetic as she continued the conversation, "I was just kidding about your arse Snow White, you can come out of there. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, honest". There was the sound of sheets ruffling and the bed dipped again

I could feel Alya's hands reaching for me, hands-on my hip, ready to help take the covers off.

Fear sprang to life within me, "No! Thank you! No thank you- cough- I mean -cough- Sorry I'm just. I'm cold! And not feeling so great" I coughed once more feeling terrible for straining such a horrid sound. Poor Merlin flinched at my forced cough.

"Sorry. I think you should get off before you catch whatever I have," I forced a sick like voice. Merlin's eyelashes made me gasp for air as they were fluttering rapidly against my neck. I gave out a muffled squeak wanting to laugh at how it tickled. 

"Oh, I'm sorry Snow I'll go get you some medicine," Betty, said worriedly.

"Thank you," Great now I was going to be drowsy with medicine.

Alya started to back away from me giving me some space, my bed leveling back to normal. As she did, Merlin could breathe again. Just a little. I started to feel bad for Merlin when I felt sticky sweat forming on my chest. When Merlin gets up the chance to leave, I wouldn't be surprised to see his coat drenched. My clothes were already clinging to my skin making me feel gross.

"So who's the one who kissed you?"

That again. I sighed growing annoyed at Alya.

"Arthur?"

"God, no

"Pino?"

"Nuh-uh"

"Hans?"