Consumed

Chapter 1: Consumed

"I kinda liked the short stumpy green Merlin," I said honestly.

"But I'm still that Merlin Inside" He looked at me sincerely.

Merlin's arms encircled me and pulled me close. Concern clouded my head as I inhaled his burnt scent. Non the less I still responded.

"Yes. Yes you are", I snuggled in close.

Merlin felt so different as I held him. He wasn't small and stumpy. He was very lean, firm, and almost willowy. Thoughts and emotions overwhelmed me that I didn't comprehend. I vaguely acknowledged my head being tilted by Merlin's gentle hand. His nose brushed against mine as he pampered my lips with a charming kiss. I gulped down a cry as his thumb caressed my tear-stained cheek. His kiss was soothing and filled my soul with momentary bliss and soon my eyes closed in pure relief.

Startled by cheers, we broke from our kiss, and our eyes momentarily met. I broke eye contact first to look around seeing the Fearless Seven on the other side of the broken bridge. Arthur asked something to the others that I couldn't hear. My attention was brought back to Merlin as Pino, Noki, and Kio jumped on him. The three dwarfs were wailing but simultaneously sharing their relief that Merlin was alive. Merlin groaned in pain as his friends were jumping all over him, checking for injuries.

A hand was placed on my shoulder making me look into familiar brown eyes. Jumping to my feet I hugged Papa happy that he was alright and back to normal. Merlin stood after me and shook off his friends. His height towered over me shadowing me. Father stepped to my side to encircle the hero in a bear hug. In doing so he failed to see the pain flashing across Merlin's face. I put my hands on Papa's shoulders to peel him away too afraid what was broken on my prince.

"Thank you, Merlin, once again the Fearless Seven have done the impossible!"Papa vigorously shook the young man's hand.

I saw that Arthur, Jack, and Hans had disappeared most likely trying to find a way to us.

My father continued to speak, "I owe you my eternal gratitude"

"We both do," I interjected and looked over at Merlin. There was a light blush appearing on his cheeks.

He stared at me and with a light tone replyed, "The Fearless Seven wouldn't have known any of this if it wasn't for you Snow White"

I blushed madly from hearing him say my real name. This whole time he had only called me Red Shoes.

"Oh my darling Snow White, thank goodness you found them. I knew you would my clever girl!" With a pat of his belly, he shared, "I was afraid I would be eating carrots for the rest of my life"

Merlina and I looked stunned as Papa started laughing.

"You were the Bunny!" Merlin and I gawked.

Father looked disgusted, "That awful witch used me as her very own spy! I went to search for the one possessing the Red Shoes" He said sadly.

"I couldn't even tell that my very own daughter was wearing the Red Shoes. What forces on earth made you put those bloody things on? You could have withered away my sweet daughter!" Burly arms hugged me and tucked me close.

"I didn't know they were a curse when I put them on" Shrugging I rubbed my arm uncomfortably and looked at Merlin.

He seemed preoccupied as Pino, Noki, and Kio once again regained Merlin's attention and talked his ear off.

"I didn't notice the change until I woke up in F7's hom-"

"Where free! King White! Snow White!"