(Chap 15) Lier Lier Pants On Fire

Lier Lier Pants on Fire

(Chap 15)

Merlin turned back to the sleeping damsel that lay on the old coach. He wanted to try and wake up Snow White to tell her what he'd done and what he was currently getting them into. The muscles in his shoulders stiffened just thinking how Snow White would react to his humongous lie. The room was mostly quiet with only the faint chatter coming from the open doors.

Marlin's shoulders were aching from the weight of his lies. Boots clicked on the wooden floor from the young wizards pacing. Merlin's nerves were steadily gnawing away at his sanity which only lead him to accidentally zap into his flesh. The young wizard wanted to bolt and ran away from the stress. Shaky cold hands reached out for something from the crafter's desk nearby, finding red clamps to preoccupy his hands. For a few seconds, the wizard created an annoying click-clacking sound, seconds turned into minutes and the tiny clamps were growing hot from overuse.

Lying had made him feel like a criminal and even more now that he was dragging his princess into the ploy of things. His magic wasn't really gone and his magic wasn't really embedded into Snow White. Although he was sure that both there hearts were wrapped around one another from the love that he felt towards her. That was the only thing that tied them together. Their love towards one another.  Snows true love was the only reason why he wants a green dwarf. 

His cheeks blushed at the realization at how much he was invested with Snow White, enough to lie to royalty. If anyone ever found out, he could be put into the dungeon, or even worst, he could be killed. From the gleam of fatherly love he had no doubt that King White would chop off his head and gift it to a near by beast. 

 Merlins ears picked up the sound of an itchy scrap like material from his left. Snow White was stirring in her sleep, face scrunching up in discomfort. He went to her side like a frightened dog, afraid that she'd wake up only to scold him. But scolding was so unlike her, and it's not like she knew the truth. He was still debating on whether to tell her the truth or not. 

Snow Whites' dress had hiked up to her thigh revealing more than princessly appropriate. His head spun to check on the door in case anyone was peaking in to catch them. Merlin's hands reached out to grab the hem of the dress and pulled it down, as he did, he noticed how Snow Whites dress cupped her soft curves. He sat down on his wooden chair keeping some distance from from his sleeping beauty.

Seeing her resting face with not a line of worry made his tummy flutter. He'd never seen Snow White angry and was afraid to see that face sooner than later. The young wizard had tried hard to please her as Red Shoes and would have liked to had continued as Snow White. Merlin pinched the bridge of his nose with his free hand as the other kept playing with the clamps. Keeping Snow White happier might be easier said than done, because this time, oh boy, he messed up big time, very big.

Merlin had been opening and closing the tiny clamps so fast that it caused the annoying sound to stir the sleeping princess awake. Brown, groggy eyes were trying to open. One droopy eye opened and it squinted trying to adjust itself to the light. Merlin held his breath waiting for her to say something. Anything! For god's sake, he just needed to feel relief from his plagued mind.

He wasn't too worried about her fainting again since he knew the cause was from the medicine. Snow White slowly lifted off the couch into a sitting position and rubbed her tired eyes.

"Gosh, I feel a tree monster hit me ", The princess murmured.

I took this chance to move from my wooden chair to sit on the couch next to her.

"How do you feel? You took a bit of a tumble at breakfast", his fingers tucked brown bangs behind her ear.

She looked at him with squinty eyes but the corner of her mouth turned upward.