Between the Sheet (Chap 6)

Open Eyes: Chapter 6

Between the Sheet

(Snow Whites Pov)

My arms were entangled around Merlins body, as his chin rested on my head. I could smell his scent of sandalwood and parchment paper making me stir in bed. Light was hitting my face annoyingly and I  one eye. I felt a shard of ice cut through me finding that I had only imagined being tucked into Merlins side.

Staring at the empty side of my bed I realized I was finally home. A warm smile broke out, happy  I was no longer hiding in the castle's dusty attack, nor was I sleeping in the home of the Fearless Seven with Merlin. My eyes popped wide open.

I sat up to look at my couch hearing his light snore. Looking at my father's clock by my window I saw it was 6:48 am. The maids usually came to get me ready for breakfast at 7:30. Bolting out of bed I rushed towards Merlin while all the while rubbing the drool off my chin and combing my fingers through my hair. There was no telling who would come to wake me this morning, it could be a gossipy maid for all I knew. 

What had I said last night?  "All heroes deserve a good night's rest?" At the moment I couldn't care if I threw the man out of his blissful dream and through the window. Still, I mustered whatever princessie manners I could at this ungodly hour. Bending at the waist, I gently shook the wizard. I only shook harder as minutes passed  eventually having the blanket I placed on him last night drop to the floor and even then he still wouldn't wouldn't wake.

"Merlin?" 

Nothing.

I shook his shoulder more, "Merlin, please wake up" my voice pleaded.

My attempt to wake him probably would succeed  if I wasn't whispering.

"Merlin" I tried louder looking behind me just in case the door would open.

This time he was scrunching his eyes to shut out the light in the room and he turned his body away from me with a grunt. I huffed and shook his body vigorously.

"Merlin, you need to wake up," I demanded.

This time he groaned.

"It's morning " I said behind his ear.

The sleepy sorcerer was then on his back trying to open his eyes. Two beady little eyes looked at me seeming confused.  I squinted my eyes right back at him mentally shouting at him to rise. Realization set in and he sat up and rubbed both his eyes with a yawn. 

He looked back up at me, "It's improper to be in a man's room fair Snow White "

"I agree, It's improper to be in a man's room fair Sleeping Beauty"

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"But you're in my room."

Golden brown eyes opened wider and he stiffened. Merlin held still as his eyes were looking around and his lips made an O shape as realizing what was happening. With a huff, Merlin crossed his arms behind his head then crossed his leg over the other and sat back.

"I feel so cheap, did you at least woo  me before having your way with me last night?"

Grabbing the pillow behind him I whack him with it.

"No Merlin, you willingly gave in. Totally voluntarily. I didn't even have to do anything. Blame yourself for any regrets" The idiot made me smile and blush at his insinuations, but I knew he was joking. 

A chuckle left him as he looked down almost bashfully, "Easy to believe. I don't need much to follow you," he looked up through thick eyelashes.

With a shake of my head, I blew that last comment off needing to focus on getting him out  instead of swooning, "Merlin what were you doing in my room?"