four : 𝗆𝖺𝗒𝖻𝖾.

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐄

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐄.
lisa laughed.

they were joking. right?

"... what do you mean?" her eyes bored into theirs, and each girl felt her heart ache at the all-too-familiar feeling. no one wanted to be the one to break the innocent girl's soul.

jisoo's gaze faltered for a moment as she made eye contact with the others. then she took deep breath and spoke.

"lisa.. we're dead."

"this place.. it's... not the real world. we're alone here. we're stuck in a nonexistent space."

her eyes glazed over, a clear film of tears brimming her eyes.

rosé looked to the side, unwilling to make eye contact with lisa, as she knew she would break if she did.

she was still trembling.

jennie stood up and put a hand on lisa's arm to see if she was okay. she knew it was hard to face. the same thing had happened to rosé when she arrived.

a moment of silence passed as lisa struggled to process the information.

".. what?"

before she knew it, tears were falling. jennie reached up to lisa's face to wipe them away.

no longer able to keep up her strong facade, she broke into sobs, falling onto her knees.

no. this couldn't have happened.

jisoo knelt down alongside her and jennie, patting lisa's head soothingly and letting her shoulder be soaked with tears.

"it's okay, just cry it out," she assured. jisoo slowly closed her eyes and hummed softly.

it wasn't okay. lisa had a family. she had no idea where they were or what happened to them. she had no idea where she was, either.

an endlessly towering mountain of thoughts taunted her, suffocating her mind in its shadow. yet, she had no energy to ask the infinitive questions she had.

rosé stood up from her spot beneath her red chair, dust drifting in circles at the movement, and made her way over to the other three girls, sitting down in front of lisa to caress her cheek. she leaned her head on jennie's shoulder and intertwined her hand with jisoo's, squeezing it tightly.

they sat there crumpled onto the ground together, in each other's embrace, for what seemed like hours, just listening to each other breathe.

at the moment, it was just what lisa needed.

comfort.

in the grand scheme of things, it seemed to them that it was impossible to be okay again.

but, in this moment, although only for a split second, it crossed their minds that maybe, just maybe, they could be.

🗒 ❛ author's note: ༉‧₊˚✧
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
i hope you guys are enjoying this book so far :). im going to try and have more consistent updates ! anyways, i love you. and thank you so so much for reading ( and for those who vote / comment ! ) sending much love and hugs.