twenty one : 𝗅𝗂𝗆𝖾.

𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐄

𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐄.
rosé strung a chord, a light green.

"ooh, that one's good." lisa nodded, eyes widening. it reminded her of spring, the reminiscing of it, at least.

jisoo sluggishly threw her post it stack onto the coffee table and leaned back on the sofa.

"my brain isn't working," jisoo sighed.

"it's okay, ji. i'll figure out the lyrics with the others, okay? i think we have something in mind." rosé smiled. "now go rest," rosé sat up to pat jisoo on the leg.

"go, go!" lisa giggled when jisoo pouted.

"fine, fine. have fun guys." she yawned and got up, adjusting her shorts and sweater around her body. lisa watched her as she left the room. after the last of jisoo's dark chocolate curls disappeared behind the frame of the hallway, lisa looked down at her drink, taking a sip. it was a very saturated honey limeade. she fixed her grip around the ceramic cup. it was refreshing, but it was bitter.

she felt a nudge on her shoulder, and jumped slightly.

oh. it was just jennie. lisa smiled.

"hey, lisa," she giggled. "look at my drawing of dalgom and kai!!"

lisa squinted, glancing back and forth between the post it and the innocent dogs beside her, and immediately burst into laughter.

"that looks nothing like them!! your drawing makes them look like constipated pigs. they are probably so insulted," she cried, wiping a tear from her eye as a result of: well, accidentally snorting up her drink.

"wait, let me see!!" rosé left her seat once again to join the two in a laughing fit after seeing the mess of jennie's neon post it.

"i-"

rosé was suddenly interrupted by a dull thud that sounded from the hallway.

all three girls paused, mid-motion, and rosé mid-sentence.

"did you hear that?" she said warily. lisa and jennie made eye contact, and lisa nodded, her tears turning sour in moments. in between them, in the midst of sudden silence, dalgom barked. sensing unrest, kai followed the snow-white puppy in the direction of the hallway.

lisa stood. she prayed it was not what she feared, but had no choice but to follow the dogs and find out.

she turned into dark the hallway. its walls seemed to close around her, daunting her. she hated this feeling.

and there it was. her fear. there she was. a puddle on the ground, pooled in pieces of fabric that had once fit but were now too large, and jisoo. white porcelain skin threatening to fade into nothing, at any moment, thick eyelashes fluttering and expression wincing.

it seemed that in this world, and in this place, lisa would have to endure all her greatest fears and all her happiest moments, both extremes crashing down on her all at once. she knew she would have to take it all. but it felt like her heart would combust.

there was too much happening. and far too fast.

"oh my gosh. oh my- ji." she rushed to jisoo's side immediately, and cupped her cheek, patting it gently. "jisoo, stay with me, okay? i-it's going to be alright."

kai and dalgom whimpered, nudging jisoo's side, and pawing at her clothing.

"rosé! jennie!!" lisa called for their help, blinking hard. breathe.

"jisoo, you're going to be okay. everything is going to be alright."

as the girls rushed around the house to gather medical supplies, lisa stayed beside her, whispering words of sweet comfort.

jisoo heard a familiar sounding instrumental playing. she heard rosé, and jennie, and lisa's voices, a mellifluous mixture of sounds that made her smile. it was bright. she opened her eyes, blinking. someone was there. she tried to focus her eyes, but it was all a blur. lisa's voice, however, came out clearly. "it's okay, jisoo. rest. you'll be alright." jisoo's head spun, and her eyes slowly closed as she fell back into unconsciousness.

when they carried jisoo into the bedroom, the bright-red hello kitty clock on rosé's bedside read 9:20. rosé could've sworn that before it had been paused at 3:20, not 9:20. but she wasn't sure, and there were more important things on her mind.

now, jisoo was resting on the bed. they had tucked her in, because she started shivering. a glass of warm water sat, ready, next to the alarm clock, and lisa sat on a pink stool, right beside the bed, as she blotted a wet towel across jisoo's forehead. jennie and rosé had helped bandage jisoo's arms and legs, to keep them warm, but mostly so that they wouldn't get lightheaded everytime they saw it.

an hour or so must have passed. jennie had left to visit the laundromat, because only the washing machines there worked, and the girls changed too often nowadays. rosé had gone back into the living room to continue composing her song, using the stack of post its the girls had written. she said that she didn't want to disturb jisoo.

lisa sighed, and just to hear the sound of her own voice, hummed along to rosé's guitar that played faintly in the background. she liked the sound of it. then she averted her attention to the clock on the wooden table, as silent as it was, and traced the numbers, for the third time, with her tired gaze.

she hoped jisoo would wake up soon.

🗒 ❛ author's note: ༉‧₊˚✧╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈i thought i would never get to update this book (╥_╥)  but here i am here i am!! ALSO IT'S SUMMER LOVES ♡ THAT MEANS MORE TIME TO WRITE AND TALK TO U GUYS!! ♡ ♡ i hope you enjoyed :)

╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
i thought i would never get to update this book (╥_╥) but here i am here i am!! ALSO IT'S SUMMER LOVES ♡ THAT MEANS MORE TIME TO WRITE AND TALK TO U GUYS!! ♡ ♡ i hope you enjoyed :)