three : 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇.

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍.
rosé strummed her guitar in the deafening silence of the trashed living room, the old red sofa underneath her not nearly soft enough to comfort her soul.

she had written the chords for a new song recently, and had been practicing continuously, trying to come up with lyrics.

she lacked the motivation, though.

her tv lay cracked on the floor, the screen glitching in and out of consciousness. flashes of purple, pink, green appeared then blanked out occasionally.

her hazel eyes scanned the crumpled cardboard boxes that littered the perimeter of the cream-colored room.

she grunted as her fingers slipped, missing a chord, fighting the urge to throw the pick across the room.

she glared at it in her fingers, the dark red seeming to stare back at her with an empty gaze.

it was her father's.

he was a musician when he was younger, and rosé wanted to be like him, although her mother argued she should work something more profitable so that she could live comfortably.

she missed them. unlike the others, she hadn't seen her parents since she was five years old. rosé could barely even recall what they looked like.

the fact that they died, and she survived- it killed her inside. every single day.

how could they leave her like this, to suffer alone all these years?

she had no one to depend on, no one to care for her either.

and that day, she had felt so alone, scared, and drunk. it was their fault that she took a train to the grand theater to watch the play by herself.

it was their fault she had been killed.

the three girls barged in to see rosé crumpled on the floor, head limp and shaky hands covering her head.

"rosie!!"
jennie ran to rosé's side, arms embracing her shoulders and mouth whispering sweet nothings into her ear.

rosé's head fell backwards onto jennie's arm, relaxing slowly as she opened her eyes. her breath evened, and she smiled slightly at the sight of her friends.

"hah... sorry about that," she said, shaking her head.

lisa glanced at jisoo and jennie, who looked troubled.

"are you okay?" she asked the pink ginger -haired girl sitting on the ground.

rosé looked at lisa, surprised, and then to the others.

"a new girl?"

jisoo nodded, and put an arm reassuringly on the base of lisa's back, bringing her forward. "this is lisa. i met her earlier near the theater."

"hi, lisa," jennie smiled warmly, which the other girls reflected.

jisoo nodded, then gestured towards each of them, introducing everyone.

"i'm jisoo, as you know."
"this is jennie," she waved to the girl in the striped sweater, "and rosé," then to the frail strawberry-haired girl with the guitar beside her feet.

"welcome to the place between life and death— the place where nothing ever happens."