eighteen : 𝗆𝗂𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍.

𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.
that night, they were woken by a scream.
jennie's, to be exact.

it pierced through the silence of the midnight blue ballroom, where the girls had decided to settle for the night, and resonated, off the gold-embroidered walls and moonlit glass windows until it eventually dwindled to a hush.

rosé, who was once asleep but now wide awake, like the others, as far as she was concerned, sat up quickly. it had become an instinct by now, because each of them had midnight meltdown moments. often.

she put an arm around jennie and noticed she was shaking.

"hey. what's wrong?"

"nothing.. it's just.. i had a-a d-dream." her trembling only got worse, though, and she reached for rosé's arm, twisting around and pulling up her pajama sleeve.

"what? what is it?"

jennie was acting very odd, and it was concerning.

she seemed relieved, though, to see rosé's arm. she heaved a big sigh and put a hand on her forehead.

this just confused rosé further. rosé glanced behind her and made eye contact with lisa.

"it's fine. it's nothing. it was just a bad dream.." jennie shook her head and shivered, then checked both her arms, and rosé's, again. just to be sure.

jisoo remained under the duvet covers throughout this, eyes watching painfully and head resting silently on one of the silk pillows they had found stacked in the closet.

she blinked hard in effort to hide her tears. she had been crying too much recently. she needed to be strong.

lisa's gaze moved from rosé to jisoo, then to jennie, crumbled and murmuring to herself, and when she noticed their expressions, began tearing up too.