Chapter 1

The school bell rings, informing the students it's time to go home. I hurriedly stuff my books into my backpack and start towards the classroom door. I suddenly bump into somebody on my way out.  I let out a small groan, being in no mood to talk to anybody after school. I look up to see Jeremy. The captain of the football team. Every girl is obsessed with this man. I don't see why though. He's just another school jock who only seeks attention because he's popular, goes out with any girl he can get and then dump her the next day, only to get with his next victim. I don't think so. 

"Hey sorry about that. I wasn't watching where I was going." Jeremy says as he helps me with picking up my books. 

"Yeah, exactly." I state. I give him a quick glare before I grab my books from him and storm out of the school doorways. 

I slowly roll up into my driveway before I notice my father talking on the phone. I can see him through the kitchen window having some sort of meltdown. I turn the key in the ignition off and quickly jump out of the car to run inside the house. As I enter through the doorway, I am hit with the sound of yelling from my father. 

"What do you mean you didn't get the money? How am I supposed to make the deal with them?!" I hear my dad saying as I turn the corner into the kitchen. 

"Alright fine. But who is going to look after Adelaide?" This piqued my interest a little bit more. 

"Whatever, I'll just hire my own bodyguard to look after her then." My father slams down his phone and looks over at me. "How much did you hear?"

"Enough. You know I can take care of myself right? I don't need some guy looking after me all the time thinking I'm some damsel in distress or something. Which I'm not. I can take care of myself thank you very much." I cross my arms and put one eyebrow up, giving him a snarky look. 

"I don't care if you don't want to be looked after. All I want is for you to be safe, and I can't do that unless I'm not here. So a bodyguard is the next best thing for you Addy." I give a small sigh, knowing that my dad is right about me. 

"Alright fine. But I wont like it you know." 

"That's my girl. Now go do your homework before you fail all your classes." I give him a quick chuckle before I head off to my room. 

*1 hour later*

I slam my pencil down, finally finishing my homework that I like to call 'hell.' I get up off my chair and head for the bathroom. I look in the mirror and give a disgusted look. "This runny makeup is not doing it for me." I quickly brush my teeth, wash my face, and change into my pajama's before hopping into my soft and warm bed. I lie awake awhile thinking about what my dad said to me. Having my own bodyguard seems a little daunting to me. All they do is just stand by doorways and follow you wherever you go. Heck, even I could do that. I guess I shouldn't judge too quickly. All my dad wants is for me to be safe, and that's all that matters. All of a sudden, my eyes start to get heavy. I turn over in bed to get more comfortable and close my eyes. 

I wake up with a jolt as I hear my alarm clock go off. I quickly shut it off so I can get a big more sleep before school starts. Not even five minutes in, I hear a knock at my door. I give a big groan signaling I don't want to get up yet. 

"Are you descent? I want you to meet someone," I hear my dad say as I'm groggily getting out of bed. "Just give me ten minutes," I yell. I do my morning routine as fast as I can since my dad hates when people aren't punctual. I slip my school books into my backpack before zipping it up. I sling it around my shoulder and start my way downstairs. I hear faint talking as I'm slowly descending the stairs. "Ah, there she is." I step down from the last stair to meet my dad in the living room, standing next to a stranger who is wearing a mask. I think to myself if this might be my bodyguard. If it is, then that is one quick hire.

"Adelaide, I'd like for you to meet your bodyguard. His name is Terrell and he will be your protector from here on out." 

Hello to whoever is reading this. I hope you liked my first chapter. I don't really write a lot on here because I am one of those people who just give up before they even finish. I'll try my best not to do that with this story, as I think it will be a good one. Anyways, be looking out for more chapters. 😊