Chapter Nineteen: Closure

That night Gwen had one of the most vivid dreams she had had in weeks. It was a dream that felt a lot more like a nightmare. She was sitting in the Great Hall, but it was not the bright warm feeling the Great Hall usually held. It was depressing and dark. Everyone in the hall was dressed in black, including the professors. Gwen tried to breathe, but it felt like someone was strangling her lungs. When she looked up and down the table there was not a single smiling face. Most people were bright red, skin shone with tears. Others were stone cold and expressionless. Gwen felt like her head was underwater. She couldn't hear anything over the sound of her own struggling breaths. Across the table from her Hannah was holding her hand tightly and rubbing the top of it. Ernie had put a comforting arm around her shoulder. She continued to scan the room. She didn't know why everyone had looked so sad and scared. At the Slytherin table she saw a completely different reaction plastered on the faces of the students. Some of them looked sad and scared, but others looked smug; Draco being one of those smug faces. Gwen felt a chill cross her body.

"Gwen?" Lily Moon shook her shoulder.

Gwen opened her eyes and hot tears fell across her face. She frantically brought her hands to her cheeks.

"You were crying in your sleep." Lily sat down on the edge of her bed. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine now." Gwen swallowed. "It was just a bad dream."

"You're sure? Do you want water or something?"

"Yeah, I'm good. What time is it anyways?"

"Almost 7:45."

"I slept for 13 hours?" Gwen looked at her watch. She was still in her clothes from the night before. She didn't even remember falling asleep, just the feeling of complete emotional exhaustion.

"I guess so. I didn't see you the whole party, and by the time we all turned in you were out like a light. Hannah took off your shoes and covered you with a blanket, but you were already drooling by then. You must have been exhausted."

"Yeah, I really must have been." Gwen looked around the room to gain her bearings, she still was feeling the tightness in her chest from her dream.

"I'm gonna go head to breakfast, I'll see you later, and if Susan wakes up let her know I left without her." Lily stood up off the bed and walked to the door.

"Will do." Gwen said as she sat up and began getting ready for her day. She knew that yesterday had been a lot for her emotionally, but she didn't expect to sleep that long or have a dream like that about it. She wasn't even really sure if she felt sad about Draco. It felt more weird than anything else. They didn't even officially break it off, but they were never officially together. And then there was Fred. Her head was pounding with thoughts. In an attempt to clear her head she wrote a letter home.

Mom and Dad,

How are you? We just had the second task of the Triwizard Tournament and Cedric finished first! It was really exciting for the house. That means he has a really good chance at finishing in first overall. Speaking of, Cedric was wondering if he can stay with us for a few weeks this summer? I told him you'd say yes, so maybe you wanna see if Duncan can take some time off near the end of our school year. My classes are going pretty good, but life has been pretty hectic. I know summer break is a while away, but I really wish it was sooner. I miss you guys loads. Also if you could send me some new books I finished all the ones I brought.

Love you,

Gwen

P.S. Freya might ask her girlfriend to stay over summer. Just a heads up.