Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Prophet

Cheers echoed loudly in Gwen's ears. It was the kind of chaotic noise that was somehow comforting and overwhelming. The blurred silhouettes of people pushed past her. One person stood towering over her. She watched him bring a finger to his lips then wink. Fred?

She tried to speak but the words sounded clogged in her ears.

Maybe I'm dreaming?

She tried to speak again but it felt like someone had stitched her lips shut. She heard a giggle escape her mouth, but did not feel the sensation of laughter.

"Come on, Gweny!" Fred reached out and grabbed her arm.

"Where are we going?" she heard her voice say.

"Always with the questions. Don't you trust me?"

"Not particularly."

"Sure, darling," Fred rolled his eyes and pulled her out of the room.

She felt butterflies surge through her, unsure if it was the dream or her reaction. "Hello? Weasley! Where are you taking me?" There was laughter in her voice.

"I need your help is all," Fred smirked.

"That's all?"

"Why?" He leaned forward. "Do you want it to be more?"

"Rise and shine troops!" Oliver shouted as he burst into the room. Gwen instinctively reached for the sheets, but they had already been pulled to the edge of her bed.

"Five more minutes!" Atlas groaned.

"You'll miss the train if I let you sleep even one minute longer."

"No we won't," Gwen stretched. "I've never missed it before."

"Well, I won't let the first time you miss it be my fault. Come on now. Up you go!" he said, pulling Atlas into a seated position.

"If you think I won't fall asleep sitting up you're wrong, Grandpa," Atlas yawned.

"Oh, Atlas, I thought you would be more excited."

"I was more excited about the dream I was having. I was eating a huge bowl of ice cream and it never melted and never ran out," she licked her lips.

"I think you'll find something like that at Hogwarts," he winked. "Right, Gwen?"

"Yeah...right," her thoughts were occupied trying to remember her dream but felt it slipping through her fingers.

"What's wrong Gwen? Phoenix got your tongue?" he laughed at his joke.

She couldn't remember her dream at all now. The more she tried to focus the less clear it became. "J-just tired is all."

"Okay. Then let's get these trunks downstairs and you two fed." Oliver snapped his fingers and the packed trunks followed him down the steps.

Gwen, Atlas, and Phoenix made their way downstairs shortly afterward. The downstairs dining table had been set like it usually was for dinner. Glenn, Judy, and Oliver were all sitting around it drinking their morning coffee and tea. In the kitchen, Angela and Cyrus were standing over the stovetop making pancakes and sausages.

"Need any help, Grandma?" Gwen asked.

"No, you girls just take your seats, we are almost done in here."

Atlas and Gwen took their seats at the table leaving four seats still open.

"Morning!" Atlas said as she poured herself a cup of juice.

Amortentia (OC / Draco / Fred Weasley Love Triangle)  (A HP Francise Fan Fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें