Chapter Seven: Gwen's Plan

"I knew it!" The glowing orb walked towards her. As it appeared from out of the shadows she could make out a cheeky smile and red hair.

"Fred?" Gwen gulped. She didn't know what to do. She had just been trying to understand what happened with Draco minutes ago, and now she was caught.

"So, Malfoy?" Fred got continued to walk towards Gwen.

"It's," Gwen felt like something was grabbing her lungs. "It's not what you think it is?"

"What is it that I think?" Fred leaned against the wall next to her.

"It's nothing bad."

"No, I bet it's real good." Fred teased.

"No!" Her face had no color.

"Defensive are we?"

"I don't understand why it even matters to you." Gwen felt trapped.

"Well, it just proves I was right earlier." Fred said without missing a beat. Fred didn't really care about whether he had been right.

Gwen just stood there. To her there were only two options. 

One, tell Fred the truth, but then she would be betraying her promise to Draco.

 Two, refuse to tell him anything, and risk Fred telling the whole school that Gwen and Draco were together, which would be even worse.

"Can I trust you?" Gwen finally blurted out.

"Sweetheart, you're the one who lied to me earlier." Fred grinned.

"Can. I. Trust. You?" Gwen grabbed the front of Fred's shirt. She looked him in the eyes with unwavering intensity.

"Yeah." He swallowed. Fred had been caught off guard. He hadn't expected Gwen to take charge. Gwen scanned the hallway. They were still the only two around. She opened the door she had been leaning on, took him inside, and pushed him into an open seat.

Gwen went to the other side of the room. She still didn't know what to do. She knew that she would do anything to protect the people she cared about, and this was the first time she realized Draco was one of those people.

"What do you think you know?" Gwen asserted. She turned to face him. She crossed her arms in front of her.

"You and Malfoy meet down here every Tuesday." Fred exhaled and leaned forward.

"What else?" Gwen's lips twitched both in nervousness and frustration.

"You two are here for about an hour, and you always leave last." Fred rubbed his hands together and looked up at Gwen.

"How?"

"Well I'm assuming you use your legs." Fred joked.

"How do you know that we are here?" Gwen did not have the time for jokes.

Fred stayed silent.

"Well?" Gwen was growing impatient.

"There's a map." Fred confessed.

"A map?" Gwen wasn't going to buy this. How could I be so stupid? When had I been so clueless as to leave a trail? She thought.

"It shows everyone at Hogwarts. It shows you all the rooms and passage ways. If you know who you're looking for it's not hard to navigate. You are here every Tuesday. Then a few minutes later Draco shows up."

"Show me." Gwen thought he must have been pulling a prank on her.

"I don't have it now. Me and George steal it back from Harry when we get bored. He's so clueless he never notices." Fred let out a small chuckle when he said the last part.