thirteen

"Hello? Who's there?" Rosie asks, brandishing her keys. Jisoo flips on the lights, and the feminine figure belongs to-

"LILI!" Rosie yells, rushing into her arms.

"Rosie, have you checked your phone?" Lisa asks, and Rosie steps back, realizing that the other girl isn't hugging her back.

"What? What's wrong-" Rosie said, and Lisa opened up Instagram. She showed Rosie a picture of herself- it was clearly Lisa, disheveled and stepping out of Rosie's dressing room at her Thailand concert. But Lisa was blurred- someone had turned her entire body black and put a question mark over her face.

"Oh my God," Rosie said, a tear streaming down her face. "Who is this from?"

"Dispatch. They're calling it a teaser photo," Lisa said, and Rosie buried her head into LIsa's shoulder.

"Lisa, I'm so sorry, I can't believe this is happening." She said, and Lisa began to stroke Rosie's hair with one hand, pulling her closer with the other. Rosie heard Jisoo start to bring their bags in, putting them into their separate rooms.

"Rosie, I knew about the picture," Lisa blurted out. Rosie looked up at her, and Lisa couldn't take Rosie's teary eyes anymore.

"I got in a fistfight with the person who took it when I saw them do it. I took their phone and broke it, but they must have gotten the picture uploaded faster than I thought," Lisa said, and Rosie began to sob harder.

"You're" she said, sobbing, "so," sob "brave" sob "I" sob "don't" sob "deserve you."

"No, Rosie. No, no, no. We'll figure this out together." Lisa said, and Jisoo put the kettle on for tea to calm them all down.

"Lisa, I can't do this to you. You're supposed to be the Queen of Thailand one day, and I know what the laws are over there-"

"So I'll change the laws. The Thai people are resilient, and they're tired of the old ways. Maybe my parents can come around," She said, and Rosie shook her head.

"This is all my fault," She said. "I'm so sorry."

"I made Matcha," Jisoo said, and Rosie and Lisa pulled away from each other, heading over to the kitchen-area and accepting mugs of matcha from Jisoo. They sat in silence, sipping their tea that Jisoo had bought when she and Rosie were in Japan earlier on tour.

"What do we do? I- I won't know what to do if I can't have you in my life, Lisa, but I can't do this to you," Rosie stammered.

"I don't know what to do without you," Lisa said softly.

Jisoo wrote something down.

"What's that, Jisoo?" Rosie asked.

"It's the first step. I think you have to own what's about to happen," Jisoo said, and the girls looked at each other, puzzled. "I mean, you have to do what DIspatch is going to try to do to you first. Take control of the narrative, and bring down Dispatch while you're at it," She said.

Lisa nodded. "That sounds like Something Jennie would say," She said, and Jisoo dropped the pen.

"What? No, it's an idea I came up with. Jennie isn't involved at all," She said, and Rosie arched her brow.

"Anyway, I take it you want me to release new music too, right? Don't know what to do sounds like a good song name." Rosie said, and Jisoo nodded.

"If you're going to get publicity, you may as well use it, right?" Jisoo said, and Rosie shrugged.

"But what about Lisa? It's her whole future on the line." Rosie asked.

"It's not like Lisa can just stop being gay, right? She'll have this problem now or later. There's no way around it," Jisoo said, and Lisa nodded.

"It'll happen eventually, and what better time to face this than with you at my side?" Lisa said, and Rosie began to cry.

"Let's do it. But we're going to need some help."

"It's a good thing I have the best squad I could get," Jennie said, throwing the apartment door open.

a/n:

thanks for reading, y'all! please vote + leave a comment if you enjoyed this <3

xx

lily marie