epilogue

The girls stood outside the gates of the mansion, bags in hand, looking up at the palatial white building.

"This is home now," Lisa said. Rosie could hear the sadness in her voice, but Jennie patted Lisa on the back.

"I don't think it's too shabby." Jennie said. "There are two swimming pools, a workout room, a theatre, a recording studio, a closet the size of Rosie's apartment in Melbourne-"

"Okay Jennie, way to flex," Jisoo laughed.

"Is it selfish that I'm glad things ended up this way?" Rosie blurted out. Lisa looked at her darkly, and Rosie panicked and continued speaking. "I mean, we're all here, together, in a new country with an amazing house. I get to live with my best friend, my new boss and other best friend, and my girlfriend. Nothing can touch us here," Rosie continues.

Lisa takes a deep breath. "You're right. I hated the palace in Thailand, and hated my shitty apartment even more. It's just a little scary to be doing something new like this," She said. Rosie pulled her girlfriend into a hug, and before they knew it, the whole group was hugging it out.

"Are we ready?" Jennie asked, and everyone nodded. She turned the key and pushed the gates open, and the girls walked up to their new home together.

After getting their bedrooms claimed, Lisa met up with Rosie to explore the rest of Jennie's- their- house. The girls wandered into the greenhouse outside, where Jennie had staff working on growing the brightest red of rose that they could. Rosie didn't really understand why a difference in color barely able to be perceived by the human eye mattered so much, but it was important to Jennie and to Ruby Jane Labels, and they were clothing Rosie and putting food on her plate, so she didn't really have room to criticize.

"This is amazing," Lisa said, taking Rosie's hand and wandering into the center of the greenhouse. There was a circular open space in the middle of it all, and the girls stopped in the middle of it. It was just the two of them in the humid California air, exemplified by the greenhouse around them.

"I love you," Rosie said as she met Lisa's eyes. Lisa looked a little startled. It wasn't the first time the girls had said this to each other, but it was still not something she was expecting to hear right then. Lisa reached into her pocket to check to see if something was there and smiled a little bit.

"Rosie, you have no idea how much I love you. This love is difficult, to say the least. We left everything else we had behind for each other. But this love is more than real. It's all-encompassing." Lisa said, and Rosie felt herself getting emotional already. It was really hitting her now that Lisa had all but surrendered her claim to the Thai throne to be with her. Before she could say something, Lisa started talking again.

"I will love you every day for the rest of my life. No matter what happens, no matter where we go. I will love you as if it's my last day on earth. Every time I see you, I look at you as if it's the last time I'll ever see you. But I want to be sure that it won't be," Lisa mused, reaching into her pocket as she slid down onto one knee.

Rosie put a hand over her mouth as Lisa opened a small velvet box, revealing a rose gold ring with a diamond shaped like a rose in it, the metal swirling around like a stalk.

"Marry me, Roseanne Park," Lisa asked. "I'm already the happiest woman on earth when I'm in your arms. I want this forever."

Rosie was, of course, sobbing. She nodded as she attempted to hide her tears, and Lisa smiled. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes," Rosie finally mustered, and Lisa slipped the ring onto her finger. Rosie pulled a box out of her pocket and passed it to Lisa, barely able to speak. Lisa opened it to see a silver ring with a diamond that looked like a crescent moon set against a sapphire backing and realized what Rosie had given her. Rosie had bought a ring for Lisa too, and Lisa slipped it on before stepping in closer to Rosie, cupping her face with her hand before planting a kiss on her lips.