three

"No. Absolutely not! You can't go on a date with the Roseanne Park and not expect all hell to break loose," Jennie Kim said over the phone to her best friend, Lisa.

"Jennie- the paparazzi haven't found out about my job yet, they think I'm on vacation in Hawaii. They wouldn't have any reason to be looking for me!" Lisa whined. She was in the kitchen of her tiny, shitty apartment, shoveling sushi into her mouth with a pair of chopsticks. If Jennie were here, and not halfway across the world on her phone, she would be so disappointed in Lisa's manners.

"If they aren't following you, they're following her. She's the biggest artist in the world right now. Her tours sell out in seconds." Jennie said, and Lisa sighed.

"How's Paris?" Lisa asked, trying to change the subject.

"Lucky. My job sucks," Lisa said.

"You're a princess. You have the best job in the world." Jennie said with a laugh.

"No. I mean the cafe job." Lisa said, scratching her cat, Louis, on the ears.

"Oh. Well, the promotion is Queen of Thailand, so I wouldn't be too mad about it if I were you," Jennie said, and Lisa sighed.

"That's true." She admitted.

"So where's the date at?" Jennie asked. Lisa filled her in that they were going for sushi and to see Mulan the next day. Jennie approved, and Lisa knew that Jennie approved more because she couldn't do anything about it than that she actually thought it was a good idea. They got off the phone, and Lisa took a shower and headed to bed.

"Aren't you supposed to leave soon?" Jisoo said to Rosie. She checked her watch; it was about six thirty, and she hadn't done her makeup or hair yet.

"Uh. Yeah- shit. Can you help with my hair?" Rosie said, and Jisoo got to work. They were in the huge bathroom of Rosie's hotel room, Rosie doing her makeup while Jisoo put waves in her half-up, half-down blonde hair. Just as they finished, Rosie's iphone dinged. Lisa was here to take her to the movies!

"Thank you, Sooya!" Rosie called out as she ran out the door, a cloud of perfume and hairspray left in the bathroom.

Lisa was waiting in the hotel lobby for Rosie. Rosie had told Lisa where she was staying, hoping that Lisa wouldn't instantly know who she was because she was staying at one of the nicest hotels in the city. Rosie smiled at Lisa, who was wearing a black Celine shirt and a pair of black jeans.

"You look amazing," Lisa said to Rosie.

"So do you, Lisa," Rosie said, and the girls went out to Lisa's car. Lisa drove a red convertible, and Rosie was impressed- Lisa worked in a cafe, probably making minimum wage- how could she afford a car like this?

The two girls got into the car, and Lisa turned on the radio. Of all the songs to play, of course Rosie's new song, Lovesick Girls had to play. She had written the song after her last heartbreak three months ago, and Rosie didn't think she'd ever find love again. But something had told her to take this chance, so she did.

Lisa looked at Rosie as the song played. I know it's you, she thought. Rosie looked back at her, and smiled. Lisa started to sing along to the song, and before she knew it, they both were singing. Roseanne Park is singing with me, Lisa thought. She couldn't get over how surreal it was- but Lisa didn't want to make it a whole thing, because she knew what it was like to have people who she wanted to be friends with freak out over her status as a princess. Or worse- when you found out that someone only wanted to be your friend because of your fame.

The song ended, and Rosie looked over to Lisa and smiled.

"You know my name isn't Anne, right?" She said, and Lisa nodded.

"I heard you tell Jisoo at the coffee shop." Lisa said, and Rosie nodded.

"So you know that I'm Roseanne," She said, and Lisa nodded.

"I have something to tell you, too," Lisa said. Rosie nodded, and Lisa took a deep breath. She was kind of dreading telling Rosie that she was the princess of Thailand, but she knew she had to. "I- My real name is Lalisa. Manoban." She stammered, and Rosie gave her a confused look, just when everything clearly clicked.

"You're the princess? And you work in a coffee shop?" She said, and Lisa laughed.

"I'm asking the same questions," She said, and Rosie laughed. "But this doesn't change anything?"

"Of course not! I want to get to know you for you, and not your title. I know what it's like to live like that," She said, and Lisa nodded. The girls were silent for a moment before Rosie spoke again.

"So. You listen to my music?" She giggled. Lisa laughed along.

"Yeah, actually. I have all your albums- and tickets to your concert Friday," Lisa said.

"Really?" Rosie responded. "And you didn't recognize me instantly?" She teased, and Lisa rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"You're one to talk. I'm going to be the queen of this country, and you didn't recognize me!" Lisa said.

"I could be the future Prime Minister of Australia and that doesn't mean you would recognize me!" Rosie argued, and Lisa shrugged.

"Fair point, my lady," She said, miming a bow as they parked the car outside of the movie theatre.

The theatre was gorgeous, and was probably the nicest place that Rosie had been on a first date. To be fair, she had just found out that Lisa was literally a princess. Like, Lisa was going to be the queen of Thailand one day. She tried not to think about what that could mean for their relationship, if it worked out. But trying not to think about something is nowhere near as easy as it sounds.

Lisa went to buy the tickets, but of course, when she tried to use her credit card, the cashier just let her go through without paying. She was clearly upset by this, so Rosie thought it might be for the best if she paid for the food. But then she noticed that someone was taking a picture of the two girls, and she began to panic. They didn't exactly look like they were on a date to anyone who wasn't expecting them to be dating each other, which made Rosie feel better. But still, she was paranoid about the results of the information that she was gay getting out. She could only imagine what it would mean for Lisa, seeing as gay marriage isn't legal in Thailand.

"Next," The cashier at the food line said, and Rosie was snapped out of her worrying-hole. She bought the popcorn and drinks, paying cash instead of using her credit card so that her name wouldn't be on the transaction. The cashier didn't seem to act like anything was special about her, so she was a little reassured that everything might be okay.

Lisa lead Rosie into the theatre, and their evening disappeared in a flash.

---

a/n: if you enjoyed this, please vote and follow me for more!