seventeen

The champagne was flowing and everyone was having a good time. Sushi had been ordered and brought to Rosie's apartment, as well as a large amount of high-quality french fries and a few boxes of veggie pizza. The dream.

Those distractions, however, kept the girls from noticing when the clock turned from 5:59 to 6:00 and the video was posted. They did realize, however, when Rosie got a phone call from her mother.

"Roseanne Park," Her mother said sternly.

"Mum, I can explain-"

"I'm so proud of you," She said before Rosie could start her nervous talking.

"You- you're what?"

"I'm proud. You did something so, so brave, and I can see you have someone you really care about by your side," Mrs. Park said, and Rosie felt a tear fall down her face.

"I really wanted to tell you earlier, mum, I just couldn't. Because of who I am, and who Lalisa is, this is going to be really hard. Like, harder than what these things are normally like." Rosie felt herself saying, but wasn't really processing it- it was like it was all pouring out. "I'm worried about her, and what people will say. Because she's a public figure of infinitely more importance than me, and young and female and literally going to be the queen of a country one day. But my love might have ruined that for her. I can't rob her of that." At that point, Lisa perked up and looked intently at her girlfriend, who was busily fiddling with her sleeves.

"Rosie, baby, you didn't do that. You gave her a life with you, a chance at a love that is stronger than anything. I can see it in the way that she looked at you in that video you posted. You two are made to be together. It's just like the way that you and Jisoo are born to be sisters, but you and Lisa are so much more than that." Mrs. Park says, and the room goes silent. Clearly, the rest of the girls had stopped talking to be able to hear what Rosie's mom was saying over the phone.

"Thank you, mum. I love you, and tell Dad and Alice that I love them too," She says, and the mother and daughter talk on the phone for another twenty minutes, about everything and nothing at all. Mrs. Park tells her that they will always love her, and Rosie sobs into the phone before they decide to hang up so that Rosie can be happy the rest of her night.

That is, until, Lisa gets a call from an unlisted number.

"Lili, you don't have to answer it-" Rosie starts, but Lisa shakes her head, knowing just who it is.

"Dad," She says, going into another room.

Rosie sobs, worried about her girlfriend. They can only hear occasional outbursts of rapid Thai from the other room, and the TV has been turned off so that everyone can hear, should something major happen.

"Guys, I think we should turn the TV back on," Irene says, and everyone shrugs, agreeing to turn it on. A news anchor appears on the screen, a picture of two girls on the right side of the screen.

Rosie and Lisa, from the thumbnail of their youtube video.

Great. Just great.

"Today, love and support has begun pouring in from around the world as Korean-Australian singer Roseanne Park has come out as a lesbian, and in a relationship with Lalisa, Princess of Thailand. The girls posted a YouTube video to Roseanne- called Rosie by fans and people who know her- announcing this to the..." The news anchor says, but Rosie stops listening and downs a sip of champagne. She opens up Instagram and looks at all of the comments she's been getting, almost all of them supportive. The less supportive ones are upset that she took Lisa and they can't have her- so, overall not too bad. It could be much, much worse, and Rosie was painfully aware of just how bad it could be, thinking about the love of her life struggling in the next room over with a difficult conversation with her father, who just so happened to be the Emperor of Thailand.

"I need to talk to him," Rosie announces to the girls.

"No, that's not a good idea- Let Lisa handle it," Nayeon starts.

"No, I need to talk to him. If he hears how much I love her, maybe he'll change his mind," Rosie insists, and despite the protests, she throws open the door to her bedroom, looking at Lisa, who jumps up from on the bed, startled. Lisa's mascara has been running, her alabaster skin blotchy.

"Let me talk to him," Rosie says, holding out her hand for the phone. Lisa mutters something in Thai and passes the phone over.

"Sir, this is Roseanne, your daughter's girlfriend," Rosie starts. The Emperor snorts a little, clearly amused.

"What do you want, little australian girl?" He says. Rosie takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I know that your country has some specific views surrounding the love Lisa and I share. But I can assure you that that love is real. I love your daughter more than anything in the world. More than music, more than Australia, more than pasta. I would do anything for her. Lisa and I met in circumstances where we didn't know who the other was. I had no idea that she was the Princess of Thailand when I met her in a cafe, and she had no idea that I'm a pop singer when she met me. We were both in disguise, but couldn't disguise the instant connection we had. I love your daughter for her, and not for her title or her money or her influence. I love her as Lisa. I hope you can understand that."

"If you love my daughter, you will listen carefully."

---------------------

a/n: love y'all! i have gotten a ton of assignments done in advance and have time to finish the remaining chapters of aiiyl :)

please vote & comment~!

xx lily marie