eleven

The concert went great. The crowd was loving it, and Rosie loved even more being able to see her friends out in the crowd. She locked eyes with Lisa a few times during the performance, especially on the slower songs. Her heart fluttered every time that she did, as she looked into Lisa's piercing eyes.

Rosie was finishing up her encore stage, and her fans had begun to throw roses onto the stage. As cliche as roses were, it was perfect, because she was Rosie. She finished out her last song, a ballad she had written called Hope Not, and she began to sink below the floor with the stage's moving parts as she saw the tens of thousands of lights begin to fade from her view. She turned off her mic and walked away out of the stage and to her dressing room, where she changed into a pair of sweatpants and a cropped top.

This was the part she didn't want to think about.

She had all of her bags packed. She'd be getting on the plane tonight, and then she'd be gone. Gone, and away from Lisa. There was a send off, and then she and Jisoo would get into the limo, and get taken to the airport. And Lisa would go back to being the Princess of Thailand learning about her people's struggles by working in an office. And they would be apart, and it might be forever.

Rosie was led out to the front of the venue and stepped into the hot Thai air. People were cheering and holding up signs. She accepted a stuffed avocado from someone, and a baby elephant plushie from someone else. She put a traditional Thai hair clip someone had given her in, and let them take a picture of her with it on for their website. She took selfies and listened to people telling her how important her music was to them and everything, and before she knew it she had made it to the end, and was getting into the car with Jisoo.

Except there were people in the limousine. Two, to be exact.

"Lisa! Jennie!" She said, throwing her arms around them both.

"We came to be your last send-off," Jennie said, and Rosie took a seat next to Lisa. She kissed her on the cheek, but Lisa jumped up.

"There's someone outside the car." She said, looking through the glass to see someone with a camera.

"Uh, aren't the windows blacked out?" Rosie asked, and Lisa shook her head.

"Doesn't matter. I'll show them," She said, getting out of the car.

"HEY!" She yelled, and Rosie flinched. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" She said in Thai.

The guy flinched away, and started to run before Lisa chased after him. Lisa grabbed him by the arm and punched him in the stomach, and the crowd went wild.

"Is that Princess Lalisa?" Someone yelled, and Rosie watched as Lisa stopped dead in her tracks. She grabbed the camera of the paparazzi man and stomped on it, sending him running as she got into the car. Of course, there were now infinite cameras watching Lisa, as every person in the audience had their phone out to record her. Lisa shook her head and got back into the limo, slamming the door behind her as the driver sped off. Nobody said a word, but Rosie made eye contact with Lisa, who shook her head.

"We're here," Jennie said glumly. They had arrived at an open-air airport, where Rosie was to board her record label's private jet. The girls stepped out of the car, but Lisa hesitated, and then Rosie did too, and Rosie collapsed onto Lisa, kissing her on the seat of the car with Jisoo guarding the door. They were out of the view of anyone who might try to peek through the blacked-out windows, just for a moment more.

"I love you," Lisa said, and Rosie felt her heart flutter like it never had before. She hesitated, and Lisa clearly panicked too. "If it's too soon- you don't have to say it back, we just have this connection-"

"I love you too," Rosie said, and Lisa smiled, kissing her back. Jisoo waved discreetly behind her back, and Rosie saw it and got up. The girls stepped out of the limo as Lisa smoothed her bangs out. Rosie hadn't seen Lisa with her bangs messed up ever.

"We have to get together again soon. Melbourne Fashion Week is in a month and a half, right?" Jennie said, and Rosie nodded.

"That's so long though," She said, bursting into tears. Jennie and Lisa put their arms around her, and Jisoo laughed.

"You're crying already?" She said, and Jennie furrowed her brows, getting fifty dollars out of her wallet and handing them over to Jisoo.

"What?" She said between sobs.

"Jisoo bet me that you'd cry within two minutes of getting out of the car." Jennie said, and Rosie began to laugh while sobbing at the same time. And then they were all sobbing, even Jisoo, and they knew that they were about to lose something they might not ever get back. Fate had blessed these four girls with being in the right place at the right time, but now capricious Fate would take that from them, and they would all be rudderless, like they had lost a part of themselves.

"Roseanne, it's time to go," Someone from Staff called out, and She frowned, hugging the girls one last time.

"Wait! I almost forgot, I have something to give you all," Jennie said, reaching into her purse. She pulled out four matching rings, all silver and gorgeous. They had precious gems in them, and Rosie recognized them as the Bouton de Camelia rings that Chanel was known for, except the diamonds had been replaced by something that looked like a pink Amethyst. They fit perfectly, and all four girls slid them onto their left ring fingers.

"Jennie, these are amazing. How did you get them?" Lisa said, and Jennie shrugged.

"Chanel said they were willing to give me some custom jewelry if I could make sure it would be talked about. And an intersection of four IT girls from the east, west, south, and north, all wearing matching four-of-a-kind rings? I know a good idea when I see one," She said, and Jisoo embraced her. They all hugged again, but as Rosie's staff called repeatedly, Rosie knew their time was up.

"Goodbye, Jennie. Goodbye, Lisa," Rosie said, but Lisa stopped her.

"If you say goodbye, it'll be like this is forever. Say something else," She said.

"Until tomorrow, then," Jisoo said, and they all repeated that.

"Until tomorrow."

"Until tomorrow."

"Until tomorrow."

a/n: thank you so much for the support! we're so close to 1k reads. if you could vote on this chapter and leave a comment telling me how you feel about it so far, I would be so grateful! if you feel so compelled, share it with a friend. 

until tomorrow,

lily marie