seven

"That was so perfect, Jisoo," Rosie said, peeling off a face mask. Jisoo had bought them both masks to do that night, as they were two days away from Rosie's concert. She didn't even want to think about how after that concert, she would have to move on to the next stop of her tour. She would have a day after her concert before she got on a plane and set off for Seoul, South Korea, and then would keep moving through the rest of her tour for another month.

"I know." She said, and the girls sat for a moment in Rosie's hotel room, not quite sure what to say next.

"Do you think they'll come to my concert if I give them tickets?" Rosie asked, and Jisoo nodded.

"Totally. Have you given out your backstage passes?' Jisoo asked, and it was like a lightbulb turned on in Rosie's head.

"Oh my god, Jisoo, that's a great idea! I have two and I don't know anyone in the city who I would give them to anyway," She said, and Jisoo smiled.

"I know it's a good idea, that's why I said it," She said before Rosie threw a pillow at her. "Hey!" She cried out. "I'll get you back!"

Rosie jumped up and ran into the bedroom, trying to hold the door closed. Jisoo came in through the bathroom, which had an entrance in the living room, and wacked Rosie with a pillow.

"Gah!" She yelled, grabbing another pillow. They erupted into laughter, unable to contain themselves. Jisoo and Rosie had always been so comfortable around each other. Rosie couldn't imagine herself getting into a pillow fight while wearing pajamas and no makeup with anybody else.

Once the fight had died down, the girls settled onto Jisoo's couch to watch a movie. Rosie wasn't sure what they were watching, and it wasn't in a language she understood, but it didn't really matter. They ate popcorn and laughed and were together, and that was all that they needed to be content. The night fizzled out and Rosie went back into her room and fell asleep, the happiest she had been in a long time.

The next morning, Rosie had a text from Lisa.

Want to go get breakfast?

Rosie squealed, shooting back a response that said yes, asking what time. She hopped in the shower and washed her hair, frowning as she realized she had an appointment to get it dyed again and styled the next day. Her hair was sturdy, but she would definitely need to let it go back to black after this tour was over. It was just so much to have to get a touch up every three weeks.

When she was out of the shower, Lisa had replied, saying to meet her at the cafe they had met at at 10, and that Lisa would show her the breakfast place from there. It was eight thirty, and Rosie had plenty of time to get ready for once. She blow-dried and curled her hair, did some natural makeup, and put on a black skirt and a white cropped top. Then she felt like it was too basic and switched to a pair of vintage jeans and a band t-shirt for an indie K-pop group called LOONA. LOONA had gay music videos, so Rosie was in.

Rosie settled on that outfit and set her makeup. She knocked on Jisoo's door, waiting for her best friend's stamp of approval on her outfit.

"What do you think?" She asked as Jisoo opened the door.

"Cute! But what if it's a brunch place?" Jisoo asked.

"No, Lisa would have said if it was a more formal brunch, right?" Rosie said, suddenly worried. What did people wear to go out to breakfast in Thailand?

After a brief moment of panic, she decided that she really couldn't do anything about it. It would probably be more embarrassing to be overdressed than underdressed.

At 9:50, Rosie got into the elevator and went down to the first floor before heading out of the hotel, saying goodbye to the hotel staff. She walked about a block downhill to the cafe that Lisa works at. It was still strange to know that Lisa was the Princess of Thailand and worked at a small cafe downtown. Not even a trendy one, just a cafe. But there she was, Princess Lalisa Manoban, leaning against the window of the cafe.

"Hey babe," Lisa said, and Rosie felt her heart flutter out of her chest.

"Hiii Lisaaaa," Rosie said, linking arms with the other girl. Was this awkward? Probably. But girls linked arms all the time as friends, so hopefully this wouldn't merit people looking at them funny? Maybe? Just maybe?

"I think you'll love this breakfast place," She said, and Rosie laughed.

"You think so? What's it called?"

"Fresh Like Roses," She said with a laugh.

"Oh, wow, they named it after me?" Rosie said, doing a hair flip with a laugh.

"Of course. Definitely not because there's a big rose garden across the street," LIsa giggled. The two girls erupted into laughter. This was nice. It was so different from how being silly with Jisoo was, but it was still the same euphoric feeling, like she was on top of the world. The girls walked into the breakfast place, and Lisa smiled as the hostess took them to a table in a separate room. That was a good idea, because nobody else would see them eating like they were on a date. Because they were on a date.

Once the hostess had left, Rosie decided to try her hand at a joke.

"Do you take all your girls here?" She laughed, and Lisa smiled.

"No, actually. I haven't really dated in a while," She said sheepishly. Rosie was sympathetic, because she knew how hard dating was with the press constantly following you.

"I get it. Love is hard," She said.

"Love is hard. But something just feels right about being here with you. Do you feel that? It's like everything in me tells me that I've known you for a lifetime," Lisa said.

It was like someone had taken what Rosie was too scared to say and pulled it out of her head. That was exactly how she felt, but was too awkward to say how much she cared about Lisa despite having not known her for very long.

"That's exactly how I feel. But I don't know what I'm going to do after tomorrow- my concert is then, and then I have to leave Thailand to continue the tour," She said. Lisa frowned, and their waiter came in with champagne and orange juice.

"I don't know either. But I don't think I'll be the same without you here, as cheesy as that sounds. You have all my attention," Lisa said once the waiter had left.

Rosie didn't know what to say. So she didn't. She clinked glasses with Lisa and took a sip of her drink.

"To the future, and what it may bring," Rosie said.

"To the future, and what it may bring," Lisa said back.