Chapter 9: New Axel

Do you ever feel like you were right to do something and act in that manner when you did that deed or action and it was quite understandable but still you kinda wish you hadn't so that you could have spend more time with a person with whom your relationship strained.

Oh well! More or less Alena found herself stuck in such a situation when she went to make things up with Axel .

She was quite surprised to find that Axel wasn't in library since he always was there during this time . On the way she met Kayla who also reported that there was no sign of Axel. She had been looking for him too . And apparently in last two days after Axel's Relevation , Axel looked kind of different and wasn't exactly talking to her . She also wanted to confront him about it but when she went to look for him after the class , he was already gone .

"I don't understand where he could be ?" Kayla asked her voice laced with worry.

"Don't worry, Kayla. I am sure he is fine . Let's keep looking for him." Alena said but it was more like she was trying to convince herself.

"Well! I think we don't need to ..." Kayla bit her lip .

"Wait ! What ...why not ?" Alena asked surprised.

"He is just standing right there ." Kayla pointed at him . Alena looked at him . He indeed looked different. He was wearing a dark black coat with eyes full of stunning glare.

"Hey Axel ! Where have you been ? " Alena rushed to him.

"Why should I tell you ? See you around , lackeys." Axel scoffed.

Alena and Kayla both stated as he walked away briskly. Even his walking style was different..cooler and yet full of malice.

"You thinking what I am thinking?" Alena looked at Kayla.

"Yeah ! Axel has become friends with some new people." Kayla said.

"He has merged with his counsciousness being ." Alena stated.

Both looked at each other squinting their eyes.

"Yeah ! Yours probably make sense ." Kayla bit her lip and chuckled.

"So how are we going to get Axel back ?" Alena wondered.

"I think what we should ask ..is it possible to bring him back ?" Kayla sighed as Alena pondered over what she had just said. No! No way ..Axel can't be just gone . She want that Axel back.

"Oh well! Let's see." Alena muttered to herself.

Over the next few days , both kept close watch of Axel . He rarely went to library which was odd to them but not that much surprising. Axel was generally being distant with everybody and used to sit at stairs of one tower doing nothing but just thinking.

Then he used to go to a passage where he used to disappear. They still had no idea what used to happen .

After all of that , both held a meeting and decided that no matter what , they had to confront Axel and since original Axel was of most consciousness, there is no way that domination of consciousness being can't be reduced at least.

Axel was on his way to astronomy tower when both halted him in his tracks .

"Axel ! You aren't going anywhere until you can talk to us . What happened to you ? " Both stated.

"You overestimate your wizarding skills . I can show you easily that I am far better at execution of spells than you if that is the case ." Axel glared at them.

"What ?No..we .I mean I am not here to fight you . Both me and Kayla Just want to talk to you. Come on , we are friends. Don't give us a cold shoulder now !" Alena moved closer as Kayla raised her eyes.

"You think that you can trigger something by saying stuff like that in my memory or that by leaning closer so as to express your liking for me or rather old me would change anything. You are pathetic." Axel laughed as Alena stood frozen in her tracks.

"Take that back , Axel . I don't care if you are merged with some persona , you can't say such awful things to your friend. Especially Alena." Kayla glared at him.

"Oh and you . Trying to stand up for friend is just an act . You just want a recognition. To be straight, what you want is just people to actually care about you because no one cared about you in your old school probably due to which you just come out of nowhere and make friends with first me and then Alena." Axel spat.

"Is that what you think it is ? You are wrong, Axel . So wrong that I might care to tell you if you aren't in such a annoying stage . Let's go , Alena. " Kayla told her .

"But Axel. " She began.

"I don't see any rational way to bring him back yet . We will only waste our breath if we keep telling him about our friendship. " Kayla told her as both went away.

Axel stood there watching them go .

"Well good riddance . Now I have to go back to my place ." Axel quickly went inside passage and then tapped on his watch as he went inside it falling to a room .

There were several jars kept there. Many of them were broken or destroyed by experiments New Axel had been conducting.

"It is hard . But I have to figure out a way . No matter what ! I must create a repressive potion . That is the only way I can permanently repress original consciousness of Axel. No matter what I can't allow him to come back fully to surface or I might get repressed permanently. That is why I have about 21 days to concot that potion and that is all the time I will take to make a potion reinstating me as original Axel .

-lightning striking from my mirage . See you all soon.