Chapter 3: First day

You run far and far but they follow you just like your shadows. You don't need them but people want them and that very attachment to it makes its existence fruitful. You can look other way but no matter what , they just continue to thrive and prosper.

Axel knew the moment he stepped Inside the Ravenclaw common room, all eyes stopped to look at him. His face didn't froze though at being stared by so many people. They were just students after all.

"Welcome to House of Ravenclaw. My name is Hartley.What is your name?" A fifteen year old boy came in front of him.

"Axel Blade. And I prefer solitary confinement." He smirked as he walked away to the dormitory with other teen wizard looking at him interestingly.

Axel sighed as he stared at the moon from the window. It looked so beautiful. So Glittery in that darkness.

"What happened, Axel ?" Cedric asked as he stormed in the room.

"They revoked my allowance to use lab. This is just great." He fumed.

"Calm down Axel. Agitation is not going to solve the problem." He told him..

"I know that. But it helps me deal with existence of it ." He replied as Cedric sighed.

"Welcome Class to History of Magic in your fifth year . I hope you are prepared for doing lots of assignments this year ." Professor chuckled as everyone groaned internally.

"Hey! Do you mind if I sit with you ?" A girl approached Axel . He saw that she had dark hair and intense green eyes like staring at emerald reflecting the killing curse.

"Sure!" He moved aside as she sat down.

"My name is Alena Decker. What is yours?" She asked him.

"Axel Blade from Ravenclaw." He looked at her.

"Oh! I am from gryffindor. " She beamed.

"Mr Blade! Would you mind sharing with us what are you discussing with Miss Decker?" Professor Cuthbert Binns growled.

"No sir. I won't." He answered as all raised their eyes. Did he just....

"Very well. Tell me when was Hogwarts established?" He asked.

"993 AD by Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw , Salazar Slytherin and Helga Hufflepuff." Axel answered sighing.

"When was the tri-wizard tournament held?" He asked.

"300 years after establishment of Hogwarts. I can do this all millennia." He chuckled.

"Get out." He remarked.

"Excuse me." Axel questioned.

"Get out before I take you to headmaster's office." He looked up .

"Whatever. This class is boring." Axel grunted as he slided his books into bag and went for the door with Alena staring at him.

"So apparently I have free period. What do I do ?" He wondered as he sat on pedestal of building entrance in ground. Well I suppose I could go to potions lab and brew some .

He sighed as he continued walking .

"So what you are saying is that you are glad they are not allowing you to enter potions lab so that you can be mad at them ?" A blue eyed girl with dark hair sweeping his face as she turned to look at him asked.

"In so many words yes." Axel sighed.

"You have unique way of looking at things . I will tell you that." She chuckled.

"Apparently yes, Diana. So would you help me create a laboratory?" He asked.

"Create a laboratory? What do you mean.." She looked at him.

"Tell me! Have you ever heard of  Extension charm or Capacious extemis." Axel looked at her as she heaved a sigh.

Axel entered a dark room full of cracked sheets and glasses. The smell of burnt rotten eggs was in the room.

"Looks like someone else was experimenting here !" Axel looked around and saw several of tubes smashed. Oh no! If someone came in and saw this , they would probably think he did it and after Hogwarts , he will not be accepted anywhere else.

"Hey what are you doing here ?" All of sudden Axel heard a voice as he flinched and turned. Alena was standing at the doorway.

"What are you doing here , Alena?" Axel asked back .

"I asked first." She crossed her arms looking defiantly.

"Good point." Axel  muttered under his breath.

Obliviate " Axel quickly cast a spell on her as she fell down.

"Memory charms. Can't exactly think of better instance to use it.Sorry Alena." He sighed as he quickly put back his wand and scampered away from there.

But even though Axel was briskly running through corridor, he was quite concerned about Alena. What if someone else caught her there ? Then she would be in trouble. Should he go back ?  His mind was racing with thoughts and creating a chaos.

He found himself quite relieved when Alena came back in lunch well at least until she sat down.

"Hey Alena! So what happened in class after I left ?" He asked.

"I am sorry but who are you ?" She asked confused.

"You don't know me. I ." He facepalmed himself. His memory charms were to only take out that instance but it took out her memory of whole day . So she never remembers talking to him. Well! Alright.. just calm down , Axel . No need to worry. You can re introduce yourself.

"Hi! My name is Axel and I am new in this school. I would like to know you ." He forwarded his hand . Too awkward. Too direct. Oh damn! He didn't know.

"Oh! My name is Alena and I have been here since first form. And I have keen interest in different kinds of spell and actually practising them ." She said.

"Oh! I am more of a potions ." Hé trailed off remembering something."I mean yeah..I like that too."

"Great! But now I think you got to go." She said.

"I do ? I mean ..yeah if I am troubling you ..." He started to fiddle with his book.

"What? No! No ! Of course not . I meant like you are sitting on gryffindor table and you are a Ravenclaw and people are giving quite strange look at you and I don't think when a teacher will walk in , it will be exactly considered according to decorum..." She explained quickly.

"Oh! My bad. I will see you later. I mean like not later later but tomorrow..you know what .. whenever we happen to have class." He started to go as he picked up his book with her smiling.

"Was that embarrassing?" Axel questionned in his mind .

"Maybe or maybe not . The point here is..that you fixed things back to normal." It replied back .

"Yeah! That true." He agreed.

-lightning striking from my mirage . See you all soon.