Chapter 2: Arrival

Axel sighed as he looked at the castle as it came by in sight .People often speak of the colour of his eyes, as if that were of importance, yet his would be beautiful in any shade. From them comes an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness. Perhaps this is what is meant by a gentleman, not one of weakness or trite politeness, but one of great spirit and noble ways. What he is, what is beautiful about him, comes from deep within and yet something much more threatening lies behind those shades. He had tousled dark black hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were a mesmerising deep ocean blue, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a serious expression and yet in a manner as if a vulture just looking for that inevitable future.

The train stopped with steam coming out . It was pitch dark night but lights alighted in the windows and students from first year who were already sailing towards the castle had made it shiny bright.

 It was pitch dark night but lights alighted in the windows and students from first year who were already sailing towards the castle had made it shiny bright

"Axel Blade I presume." A man wearing large boots and dark overcoat looked at him.

"Yes sir." He nodded.

"Ah! I ain't no professor, boy . Call me Fabios .Come on! You better hurry or you are gonna be late." The man chuckled

He sighed as he dismounted from the train . Most of his fifth former counterparts were already ahead. 

"You blew up a laboratory, Mr Blade. That is not something we expect a student aspiring to be Auror like you ." Professor Catmill, an old professor  folded his diary and put it down at Axel who was sitting facing him in the chair.

"I have already told you I don't want to be an Auror." Axel raised his head.

"Your uncle may have to disagree with that. Nontheless, you can't continue doing your work there anymore for rest of the term." He sighed.

"You mean I can't work in laboratory again. What I am even here for ?" Axel rose up agitated.

"Careful! Mr Blade! Another reckless act and things may not look so good for you ." He warned.

"Hey ! So see this is the corridor of our school." Fabios told him.

"Thank you . But I think I can find my way to the Great Hall." Axel replied.

"The Great Hall? You are not going there .." Fabios told him as he turned back.

"Uhmm... what? I obviously have to go there to get sorted since this is my first time here.." He asked confused.

"Yes! We do things like that differently. If you come in from different school midway , you can get sorted privately in Headmaster's office so just go in there and wait until the sorting ceremony is over . Then you will get sorted and have your new shedule after choosing two or three electives." He smiled as Axel groaned walking to headmaster' s office as everyone looked at him.

Coming of a new student from different school was very rare event in itself plus the fact that he was good looking wasn't exactly helping.

He stopped as he saw the door.

"Well at least I found it . Alomohora." He took out his wand as door opened.

The headmaster Professor Armando Dippet's office was itself ia large circular room with many windows and many portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses. The portrait of the immediate predecessor of the current headmaster or headmistress hangs behind the head's desk. 

Axel sat down on a chair . It took quite a time before Professor Dippet entered with sorting hat .

"Professor!" He stood up greeting him.

"Sit down. Before I ask sorting hat to sort you , would you mind telling me that why did you wish to transfer here ?" He asked.

"I just couldn't stay in America. The weather didn't suit me ." He smirked.

" The weather. Huh! Well we offer certain electives in third year but since you have only arrived now , you would have to choose two of them and to catch up read all what is taught in them in last two terms by referring to textbook so choose wisely. You can take up to three but two is minimum requirement." He said forwarding a list

"Well Divination sounds interesting. And muggle studies. Definitely never. Well Divination and Care of magical creatures." He wrote down on a note as he nodded and forwarded him his schedule.

Monday:
1 History of Magic-Professor Cuthbert Binns
2 Potions-Professor Horace Slughorn
3 Charms-Professor Flitwick
4 Defense Against the Dark Arts-Professor Dumbledore

Tuesday:
1 Charms
2 Transfiguration- Professor Winter (Kitty winter)
3 Divination- Professor Anna Horbell
4 Herbology-Professor Miranda Fricker

Wednesday:
1 Free Period
2 Transfiguration
3 Herbology
4 Divination
5 Astronomy-Professor Jospeh Carter

Thursday:
1-2 Potions
3-4 Defense Against the Dark Arts

Friday:
1-2 Care of Magical Creatures-Fabois
3-4 Free period

[Elective: As a third year, you picked three electives. They could have been any of the following:
-Muggle Studies
-Divination
-Care of Magical Creatures
-Arithmacy
-Ancient runes]

"Very well. Get ready, Axel." Professor Dippet told him as he put the sorting hat on him.

"Oh! It is quite unique. Such a fiery passion and such a strong eminence. Whom do I give you to ?" Sorting hat spoke to Axel .

"It doesn't matter. I will achieve what I want to ." Axel replied firmly.

"Oh! Too sure. But ..." It paused and then yelled "Ravenclaw."

"Good luck Axel . From now on , you are one of Ravenclaw. " Professor Dippet told him .

"I am one of nothing but myself." He muttered as he went away from the office.

-lightning striking from my mirage . See you all soon.