Chapter 5: More like a Friend

Axel's Pov

You ever feel like a walking paradox. A walking contradiction. That is exactly how I was feeling right now . Oh yes ! I was asking Kayla and Alena both to be careful in potions class and completely reckless myself or so I think.

But then again that thrill. That mad rush whenever you mix some new herb with another and colour changes, that change in odour is something so remarkable that it is hard to just ignore it.

Or I am just overdramatazing my experience in a sesquipedalian manner. Ah ! Who knows?

All of sudden, I was mixing something, I caused a blast breaking my pot . All eyes fell on me . Well! Accidents happen , don't they ?

Few minutes later

"I specifically told Mr Blade here to follow the book but he deliberately went on his own way and caused an explosion." Professor Horace Slughorn looked at me while telling Professor Dumbledore.

"So you are taking him to Headmaster for it . Oh ! Come on , Horace. The boy was just curious. That is all. Go on" Professor Dumbledore surprised me as Professor Slughorn sighed and left.

"Sir , I can explain.." I began.

"I didn't say you need to m I know how frustrating it can be sometimes to just follow all those texts . Doing same thing already done before. You wanted to make something new . Something fascinating, isn't that right?" He chuckled.

"How did you .." I was awestruck.

"Oh! I remember being like that at your age. The fascination. The adrenaline. But as much as important is curiousity, so is discipline and following procedures because without them, we are just in chaos and nobody likes that. " He smiled as he walked away.

"So even after being sent out of class, you didn't get any punishment. You are one lucky guy , Axel ." Kayla laughed as I told her when we were sitting at Ravenclaw table for lunch .

"We have charms next, don't we ?" She asked me .

"Yeah ! Professor Flitwick is gonna help us do something new today. I am rather looking forward." I sighed standing up .

"Well ! I just hope it is not complex. I don't do complex. Last time I did , I burnt something. It smelled a lot during class and after and for rest of term." She chittered.

"Ya! I hope so ." I chuckled.

"Hey Axel! You got a minute." Alena joined me as I was walking out the Great Hall.

"Ya sure. " I said.

"So listen! I was talking to Justin from my house for some assignment and found out that we actually talked in our first class too. But when you came back , you reintroduced yourself and I didn't remember you " She stared .

"And..." I asked frozen.

"I think someone wiped out my memory by using memory charm which means someone is hiding something. I saw something that someone didn't want me to see.  We have to find out who is behind this? Who used obliviate charm on me." She came closer.

"Yeah ! We must catch him.." I stuttered.

"Exactly. I will see you after class." She went away carrying her books

"Oh boy! What do I do now?" I sighed.

"Well! It looks like it worked." I remarked seeing all things we had thrown inside my watch .

"Of course it did. The question is how will we get out ?" She stood up .

"I know certain spells. I am sure one of them will work." I took out my wand as she quickly stopped my hand.

"You aren't going to use any other charm . Not after last time you did that , we fell like for four hours and surprisingly didn't break any bone when landing." She glared.

"Fine! Be my guest." I stepped back .

"Sentanio cervosa." She flicked her wand as a dragon came out of fire .

"What the heck?" I widened my eyes.

"Relax! It is good. It can take us back to the surface." She put her hand on me.

"So you couldn't have summoned him when we were falling." I asked.

"Excuse me if I fail to think of which spell to use while falling continously." She replied indignantly.

"Good point." I gulped. Pretty soon we found ourselves jumping out of a wrist watch.

"Ah! I better wear it . Can't let anybody fall into my watch now , can I ?" I chuckled putting it on.

"Axel..." She tapped me on shoulder.

"What ?" I asked her and turned back to see Professor Zoey standing.

"Uhmm.." I began.

"Don't even. You two have so much explaining to do." She crossed her arms.

It was around late evening and Axel was sitting on staircase engaged in deep thought.

"What is the matter? You look so out of here." A voice shook him as he found himself facing.

"What are you doing here , Kayla?" I asked her surprised.

"Nothing. Well! I couldn't find you anywhere so I just came here looking for you and well here you are in a surprising brooding way just sitting." She bit her lip.

"Kayla! Are you looking for a way to make me fall for you coz trust me! That doesn't work on me." I asked her raising my eyes.

"What! No.." she burst into laughter sitting down.

"Dude! Just because a girl is talking to you doesn't exactly mean that all girls are here for relationship. What is up with that ? " She chuckled.

"So you don't like me.." I questionned.

"No! At least not that way. More like a friend" She looked at me .

"Well great! I am stuck in a situation which I don't know how to rectify." I sighed.

"It does help if you let it all out" She suggested.

"Well! That is true. Can you keep a secret?" I looked at her.

"As long as it is not endangering the entire wizarding universe yeah sure." She chuckled as I laughed.

"No! Nothing like that. " I told her what happened as she listened attentively.

"Well! That is messed up . You have to tell her truth but not right now . She is currently in mood to get him . To just find him and by Merlin's beard , do what . You should wait but not too long and then tell her . Well at least that is what I think." She advised.

"Sounds like a good plan ." I beamed.

"Now since that is over, how about we go and have some fun out there in hogesmade." She forwarded her hand .

"Sure! Why not ?" I took her hand as we headed out from the castle.

-lightning striking from my mirage.see you all soon