Chapter 8: Axel's goodbye

"Wow Axel . You are immortal. I mean ...I don't even know what kind of reaction I can comprehend to that ." Alena giggled sitting down.

"Ya. I figured you might say that . But well that is all . Now the day of merging is coming near and well that will affect my personality considerably and I am not quite sure what I will be like after that ." Axel sighed.

"Umm.. can't you just ...delay it . I mean just send him to other year ." Kayla asked.

"It doesn't work like that. That is why I said temporal immortality. It is not like I can use it indefinitely . I made 90 other me scattered across future . Now when I will merge with one in 1920 , then if someone kills me in 1920 , 1921 regardless I will die in eyes of world . Then I will come back in year 1924 where I have sent next consciousness being. " Axel explained.

"Oh ! I get it now . And stop saying if I will die or get killed stuff. You can't die." Alena said.

"Actually he can ..."Kayla began as Alena glared and she shut up .

"Well don't worry , Axel . No matter what we will be there for you ..." Both said as Axel beamed.

Axel had barely gone that all of sudden Kayla's eyes sparkled.

"Hey but Alena! Didn't he say he could time travel ?" Kayla asked Alena.

"Yeah what about it ?"Alena asked her as they both sat down .

" Well if he can time travel , then why would he come back in 1924. He could die in 1920 or before that date and then revive in 1924 and then travel back in time to exact moment he was killed and it will be like nothing has happened." Kayla said.

"Man! Now I am so confused." Alena groaned holding her head as Kayla chuckled.

"And I thought that you forgetting meeting Axel because you fell under his oblivious charm was complexity. Ha !" Kayla smirked to herself but Alena heard it.

"What ? You are saying that Axel was the one who erased my memory and he told you but not me " Alena stood up abruptly.

"It is not like that . Axel was just not sure how to tell you and I advised him to wait a bit. It is on me . Kayla began . Damn it damn it . Why did she have to spit it out . Stupid.

"Of course he followed your advice." Alena stormed off as Kayla sighed.

Diana and Axel were finally able to figure out how to go to that space through Axel's watch . It was hard time bit Diana's wits certainly came in handy.

"So Axel! Now that we have finally figured out how to get here without squandering any time above , we have like loads of time right?" She asked.

"I guess you can say that though our bodies are still aging. It is not like we are outside of time . I mean it is kind of like..." Axel started to ramble .

"So I was thinking.. would you like to go out with me ?" Diana asked him.

"For real ." Axel asked surprised.

"Well I won't say it twice if you don't want to ." She flipped her eyebrows.

"I mean yes. I was just surprised that you were into these things." Axel explained.

"What ? I don't have a life outside books ans your experiments. Come on." She giggled.

"I would prefer "Our experiment." Not that I am being cheesy here but I like to give credit where it is due ." Axel chuckled.

"Nice save , Axel. But we all know real reason behind "our",." Diana chuckled.

"Or maybe you are just overthinking." Axel smirked.

",Oh ! Is that so? Then how come your cheeks are red ?" She leaned closer.

"It is quite obvious the fumes coming from gas are reacting to skin cells on my face changing the colour to crimson red ." Axel quickly justified.

"You are so quick at making up stuff to hide feelings that is kinda obsessive and also intriguing at same time." She facepalmed herself.

Axel was currently reading a book in library . He just looked up to see time and almost fell out of chair seeing Alena sitting opposite him.

"How did you do that ? How did you just come out of nowhere?" Axel asked sitting back .

"That is least of your concerns right now . Tell me , is this true that you were the one who used oblivious charm on me ?" She asked.

Axel sighed. So she knew . Phew ! Well no getting out now.

"Yes! I used it because I was just sent out of class and then I went to potins class and it was already in ruins . Then you came and I know that you would have reported seeing me at scene to Headmaster and nobody would have believed me at least on my past records of blewing up lab ." Axel sighed.

"If you had just waited, I could have told you that it was already in construction. But no ! You just erased my memory without thinking anything and then even after three weeks have passed since I have been thinking who did that to me and all that time you didn't tell me ? I mean I don't expect you to understand what I am thinking right now but if you had just told me , it would have been settled." Alena groaned.

"So are we not friends anymore?" Axel asked unsure.

"Uhmm..no . Of course we are, dummy . But not on good terms exactly. Give me a day to think about it ." She left the room.

"Well! That went better than I imagined in my mind ." Axel was quite amazed. Oh well ! Now is the time for merging. At exactly 12:00 pm , he will merge with different persona and become different Axel . Bye bye old Axel .Cheers to that .

-lightning striking from my mirage. See you all soon.