Forty Three ~ Bella

I swear to fuck when I get my hands on that girl I'm strapping a tracker to her fucking forehead.

The second we leave the country shit hits the fan and do I get so much as a quick text message? No! Of course I dont.

I walk into the house and I can hear Viktor speaking Russian on the phone behind me. Hes barely off that thing since we heard about Artie and Switch.

"Rya!" I scream as I reach the kitchen. Kira jumps as I shout and I quickly regret scaring her. "Sorry sweetie," I say touching her shoulder gently, "Have any of you seen my daughter?"

Quinn doesnt look up from the floor and seems to flinch when I say Rya. Have they still fallen out? I was sure they would find a way to work things out.

"Is she here, princesa?" Viktor says gruffly.

I roll my eyes, "Oh hello, do you know that's the first thing you've said to me all day?" I snap.

His jaw clenches but he doesnt say a word.

I know he's hurting but I'm hurting too. Artie and Switch were family to both of us and I think he's forgetting that.

I let out a breath and lean against him, "I think so," I say more calmly. If Kira and Quinn are here then Rya cant be too far.

I hear a strange noise from upstairs and I frown as I look up. Viktor's brow furrows and he realises a second before I do.

"LA LA LA LA LA!" I sing loudly as I jump up and cover Viktors ears, hanging off his back and hooking my legs around his waist for support. He curses but I dont let go, tightening my legs when he tries to shake me free.

The last thing I need to deal with is him listening to his daughter shagging her husband who is nearly twice her age right now.

Also, the singing is distracting me from it too.

He starts complaining in Portuguese I think. I understand some of it but not all. I try to ignore most of it too because I doubt it's very nice considering the force in which he's using to try and buck me off him.

"What the fuck is going on?" A deep voice cuts through and Viktor immediately stops his movements. I stop singing and luckily theres silence from upstairs as we face our daughter's new father in-law.

I slip off my husband's back and hold out my hand for Tony to shake. "Hey, I'm Bella."

"Oh yes, you were Elijah's whore for a while weren't you?" He says bluntly and ignores my hand.

The smile slips from my face as I try to control my anger. "Excuse me?" I sneer.

"What the fuck did you just say to my wife?" Viktor snarls and I shove him back as he steps forward.

Tony smirks at Viktor, "And you lived a teenage boy's fantasy of fucking his step-mom didnt you?"

"Oh my..." I trail off as I try to process the utter disrespect coming from this fossil's mouth.

"I suggest you use those legs of yours to vacate yourself from this house before I use a gun to vacate your brain from your skull," I say in a sickly sweet tone. Viktor chuckles slightly but Tony doesnt seem so amused.

He steps towards me and looks down at me, "Thats quite an accusation. Are you sure you want to be threatening me like that?"

I pout at him, "You dont scare me old man," I say booping his nose with my finger, "And I really think the one that should be worried is you. You're in my house, bitch."

His snarl doesnt leave his face but he steps away, "Come on, flower. We have places to be."

"I'm staying here," Mylo says. I hasnt even realised he was in the room honestly. "You go back to New York on your own. That was the deal remember? I was to help Kaden here."

Tony hesitates, clearly unwilling to leave both his sons behind. "Fine. If you would rather stay and listen to your brother fucking that teenager then that's your choice."

The room is silent until Tony has left and Mylo is the first to break it. He looks at Quinn and smiles softly, "Dont worry. They're faking it for the sake of my dad. Kaden never would have slept with Rya in the state that's shes in."

"What state is she in?" Viktor jumps in before I can say anything.

Kira points down at the kitchen floor and I look down to see Rafa's dead body and a pool of blood. With everything going on, I hadnt even noticed. "Rafa shot her in the leg. I think she hit her head but she was conscious."

Mylo nods, "I saw her. Shes ok."

"I take it you're talking about me again?" I hear Rya say and I turn to see her being carried in on Kaden's back. Honestly, that man must have the patience of a saint to put up with her.

I take a deep breath, "Put her down and then I want everyone out. I need to talk to my daughter," I say.

Kaden hesitates, waiting for Rya's response. "Put me down on the counter."

I wait in silence as everyone files out before jumping up on the counter beside Rya. "You should have called me."

She nods and looks down at her hands in her lap, "I know. But there was so much going on. With Rafa, then Artie and Switch, then..."

She trails off and I know theres something she's not telling me. I reach across and I take her hand. "What's going on with Quinn?" I ask. I know it's a sensitive subject but they need eachother. Now more than ever.

Rya gulps and squeezes my hand. "Its complicated. Extremely complicated. We were just going to go our separate ways but then... then I lost our baby. I didnt even know I was pregnant."

She sniffs and I realise she's trying not to cry, "Oh bubbs. I wish I was there to help you."

She shakes her head, "It doesnt matter now. I'm married to Kaden and that throws a spanner in the works anyway. We're going to New York in a few days to sort some things out and then after that, everyone will return to how life was before."

My eyes burn with tears as I realise theres nothing I can do or say to make this better or easier for her. "I'm so sorry, Rya. This was not the life I wanted for you. You were supposed to have a normal, happy life. Im sorry I couldnt give you that."

She puts her head on my shoulder and I wrap my arm around her waist, "I love you mum. I dont say that enough."

"No you dont," I laugh through my tears, "I love you too. More than I ever thought I could love someone. Dont tell your dad that though or he might get jealous."

I hold her tight against me and I start to dread the inevitable day that I'll lose her.