Fourteen ~ Rya

A week later...

"Are you sure they wont mind?" I ask Kira as she leads me down the halls. I had asked her if I could hang out in her dorm to get away from that stuffy hotel room but she had offered to take me to one of her classes.

She shakes her head with a laugh, "Its not a proper class and it's not just students in here. Mrs Smith doesnt really care who comes in as long as they dont disrupt."

"What even is this class?" I ask as I adjust my bag on my back. It has my laptop in it as I had been planning on watching Netflix after Kira gave me the keys to her room but now I dont know what I'm going to do.

She reaches the door and pushes it open, revealing rows of desks with ovens underneath. The last classroom I was in looked a lot like this one, "Cake decoration. I cant sculpt so I thought this would help me."

The woman at the front was typing away at her computer and was older than I expected. She was maybe in her late 60s but her hair was dyed platinum and she looked fit for her age.

She looks up and smiles as we walk in, "Kira. You brought a friend." Traces of an accent dance on her words but I cant work out what it is.

Kira nods, "This is Rya." Shes only been going to this school for a week and she's already best friends with the teachers. Of course she is, it's impossible not to like Kira.

We head up to the back and I sit next to Kira as she unwraps the cling film from her cake that she's been working on. I dont know what she's talking about sculpting as her little figures look pretty damn good to me.

I pull out my laptop and load up Netflix, plugging in my headphones. There's no one else in the class but Kira had told me that people just tend to come and go since it's not an official university class.

Mrs Smith stands up and walks out of the room, "Do you know what accent she has?" I ask Kira, the question bugging me.

Kira puts down the ball of red icing she was meddling with, "Well she teaches Russian and Italian so it could be either of them. I think she also speaks Spanish. I'm sure you guys would get along as dont you speak those languages too?"

I nod, "I speak French and Portuguese too."

Kira rolls her eyes and goes back to her icing, "No need to show off. And isnt Spanish and Portuguese the same language, if not are they not similar?"

Now it's my turn to roll my eyes, "English is also similar to French, Spanish and Latin along with a few other languages sprinkled in there too. Can you speak any of those?"

"I get it," she laughs, "You're smart."

"I'm a fucking genius," I say with a smile.

A fucking genius who hasnt been able to fix this mess and only buried myself deeper.

The closest thing we've had to news about Quinn's disappearance was that a 18 year old male's body was found with its throat cut two days ago. It wasnt him luckily but they think that the three bodies and the disappearances are linked.

After their dinner last week we discovered that Adrik almost definitely is my brother as Dad remembers his mother and the story checks out. Surprisingly, that's going incredibly smoothly and as weird as it is, it's not been that big of a deal.

I've been spending more time with Kaden and Mylo and discovered that Mylo is one of the best people I've ever met but is completely unaware of what his brother has done to keep him safe. Kaden is still providing a temporary distraction from all of this whenever I need it and isnt being a complete ass about everything anymore.