Three ~ Kira

"Damn Kira, how much shit do you have?" Reggie moans as he stumbles into the door frame, his face hidden by a tower of boxes containing paints, canvases and pencils.

Quinn steers him into the room and then dumps a bag of shoes at the end of my new bed, "You've got a cheek after all the stuff you made us cart to your new place," he laughs.

I lie back on the bed and look up at the ceiling. I actually made it. I made it to university.

When the scholarship acceptance came through the door I couldn't believe my eyes. This is my dream school and now I have access to a personal mentor, extra classes and best of all, I get to spend four years doing what I love most: creating.

Quinn sits down beside me and sighs, "Rya wanted to be here but she couldnt get out of this trip. Her dad was determined that she was going to this one."

I nod, "That's ok." I loved Rya to pieces but it was only a matter of time before people started to recognise me from the news and I would become the girl who survived trafficking. The girl who was used as a pawn in a mafia play for power. At least without Rya here now, I'll have a few days where I can just be Kira.

I watch as Quinn checks his phone and sighs before putting it back in his pocket. "What's up?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, "Its just that Rya said she'd call me when she landed and she should have landed a few hours ago. Her flight probably just got delayed or her phone died or something."

"Yeah, I'm sure she's fine. I mean, she can look after herself." I say and Quinn chuckles.

Reggie stays awkwardly by the door, not saying anything. After what happened at the school with Rafa, he's never been able to trust Rya fully again. I guess nearly being shot in the head can do that. Their relationship has been strange ever since, they tolerate each others presences but nothing past that.

"I thought I heard familiar voices," a voice makes me jump. I sit up and see Matthew Stone in the doorway with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face, "Wheres the other one? Jail yet?"

Quinn laughs and shakes his head, "Still a free woman somehow. They are yet to find any incriminating evidence against her."

Matt snorts, "How strange."

"Shes in Russia with Viktor," Quinn explains, "I didnt know you came here."

Matt points back over his shoulder, "Yep, my room's just over there. The only private bedroom in the whole school as they're yet to find a student willing to stay with me."

Reggie frowns, "Whys that?"

He shrugs, "I think it might be the pictures of my parents on the wall. Everyone else just sees them as notorious serial killers and it freaks them out that I dont see them that way."

I sigh, "That sucks."

Rya was treated the same way when she first came to the school. Everyone was convinced that she was a killer too just because her parents were. But I guess it turned out that she was.

Is Matthew?

Nope, I dont want to know.

"Oh sorry," Matt says suddenly and steps to the side revealing one of the hottest girls I've ever seen in my life.

She's about 5'10 with dyed bright red hair down to her waist. She's thin but her arms must be strong as they carry a tall stack of notebooks, "Sorry, I'm your new roommate," she says, peering around the side of the stack.

I jump up to help her with her books and Reggie raises an eyebrow at me, knowing exactly why I had the sudden urge to be helpful. We both put her books on the desk opposite mine and she turns and holds her hand out with a massive smile on her face, "Hi, I'm Poppy."

I shake her hand, "Kira." I say.

Something glints in the light and I spot it. A pride pin. Oh fuck yes.

She turns to the boys, "You all go here?"

Reggie shakes his head, "Matthew does but Quinn and myself are only here to drop stuff off."

Poppy's eyes stay on Quinn, "Oh fuck," she says under her breath, "You're Quinn Prescott."

I watch the blush spread across his face and he sinks back into the chair he's sitting in. Her eyes come back to me, "That must mean..."

I sigh deeply, not being able to hide my disappointment that she worked it out so quickly, "Yep," I say.

Poppy tucks her hair behind her ears and nods, "Cool," she grins and then turns back to Quinn, "You got balls for sleeping with Viktor Guerreiro's daughter."

Quinn is still as red as a beetroot as he forces a smile, "Thanks?"

Matt claps his hands together, "So, I think we should all go out tonight. How does that sound? Theres a few good bars around here that we could explore."

I nod, "Sounds like a fantastic idea." I think we could all do with a drink after this disastrous introduction.

Quinn looks uncomfortable and checks his phone, "I'm going to stay here and try and get a hold of Rya. Also, I'll be designated driver for Reggie tonight."

I can see in his face how worried he is about her. These meetings in Russia stress her out a lot. I've witnessed plenty of violent outbursts of hers after returning home. I remember one time when she trashed her entire office because of something her family has said. Quinn had been the only one able to calm her down.

He always stresses when she's away as he isnt there to look after her - not that she needs looking after.

"Sure thing mate. That means I can get absolutely tanked!" Reggie says excitedly and pumps his fist in the air making everyone laugh.