Thirty Eight ~ Kira

I open the front door with a sigh. Fifteen minutes it took for something to go wrong. I'd just pulled into the parking space in front of Reggies work when I realised I had left my phone sitting on the kitchen table.

I knew leaving Reggie alone was probably a bad idea but if something did happen, he may as well be alone as I'd be no help on my own to anyone.

Theres silence in the house which is a first and then I hear it. The long moan from upstairs. Well at least Rya is doing something other than sleeping for once.

I walk into the living room and my heart stops as Kaden is still sitting on the couch. His face is hard and fists clenched. Mylo looks like he'd rather be anywhere else and Tony looks so confused. Rya's grandparents are nowhere to be seen but I can hear them muttering in the kitchen.

Maybe shes masturbating. Good for her but maybe she should keep it quiet especially when theres so many people in the house.

"Fuck dont stop! Yes, Quinn, you're going to make me... make me..." the rest of her sentence is cut off and I can only imagine why.

Shes sleeping with Quinn. With her extremely dangerous husband sitting downstairs. Fuck my life.

"I'm just going to get my phone and go," I say in a painfully awkward way before rushing into the kitchen and snatching my phone off the table. "Shes insane," I mutter to her grandparents.

"Kaden!" I hear Mylo tell followed by thundering footsteps going up the stairs. I curse under my breath and run out. I make it to the bottom of the stairs just as I hear a scream from upstairs.

"Rya!" I cry as I run up to get her. She's injured and vulnerable in her current state. Kaden could kill her.

I smack my elbow off the railing as I spin around the corner and watch as Kaden starts hammering on the door. "Open the fuck up!" He roars. Theres silence, "What? Is this not the response you wanted? Did you not want to piss me off?"

I can actually fear my hands shaking as my body freezes at his tone. Gentle hands grab my arms and I flinch, my body completely tense in unexplainable terror. "Come on, you need to get back to Reggie," Mylo says calmly, clearly used to his brothers anger.

I shrug him off and shake my head, "He's going to kill her," I say quietly, "Are you just going to let him do that?"

Over the past week, I've grown close to Mylo. I would even say that we were good friends. Hes helped me start to get over what happened with Poppy and I've given him an excuse to get away from his father.

But right now, this man was not my friend. I could see it in his face that he was about to let two of my best friends die at the hands of his brother.

"Get out my way," my voice comes out in a snarl and I push past him and shove Kaden. "Back the fuck off!" I shout.

"Now, now little whore, calm yourself," I hear Tony say behind me. "Fiery little one arent you? Pretty too."

I turn around and he grabs my chin, tilting my face towards him. I pull my face away but he grabs me again, this time hard enough to hurt, "Dad..." Mylo protests weakly as I whimper in pain. 

"Shh, flower," Tony says to quieten his son. Kaden is completely unaware to what's happening, still hammering on the door and shouting through. Theres still no response from inside but I can hear movement and the shower has turned off.

"It seems like someone has forgotten there place in the pecking order," Tony says quietly, leaning in towards me, "You think because you are allowed to go to school, and visit home, that you are free? You're not. You were sold and you were bought at an auction like cattle. You are property, whore. Rya has been too soft on you. Should have broken you a long time ago."

The tears roll down my cheeks silently as my body shakes in fear. His grip on my jaw makes my face ache but it's barely a thought in my head as his words hit me like knives through my heart.

"Maybe I should," he whispers in my ear, "As a wedding present to my new daughter-in-law. Break her face favourite toy... it's what she deserves after this little stunt."

I close my eyes and try to drown him out. I imagine that I'm sitting at my desk at home, by my window, sketching. Theres a bouquet of flowers, roses, in front of me. I like drawing flowers, how it doesnt matter how wonky the petals look, the resulting flower is always beautiful.

A sharp tug on my neck yanks me back into reality and I yelp as he starts walking towards Rya's bedroom, his hand around my neck. I trip over my feet as I stumble after him. "No!" I say trying to dig my heels in and grab at the walls. "Stop!" Survival instincts kick in as he grabs my arm for a better grip. I fight him with everything I've got left in me.

"Dad!" Mylo shouts but stays at the end of the hall.

The door swings open and Rya ducks beneath Kaden's arm just as he's about to knock again. "Get your filthy hands off her!" She screams.

He lets me go and I fall to the ground, my limbs pushing me away from him. Theres a crack as Rya's fist connects with Tony's jaw and the old man stumbles back.

"You!" She shouts spinning to Kaden, "We will talk later, first I'm going to cut your fathers fucking hands off!"

"No! I'm not taking orders from you anymore!" Kaden shouts back, "I should have known you were a fucking slut and that that wouldnt change because of a piece of fucking metal."

"Yeah. I am a slut, deal with it Princess!" She shouts back and turns to continue her assault on Tony. Her eyes must catch me curled up on the floor before she does though because her expression softens. "Come on," she says quietly and crouches down to help me up, "I want you all out this house by tonight. I dont give a fuck where you go as long as you arent here."

I lean against her as she wraps her arms around me and I feel safer in her grip. She'll always protect me, no matter what.

"You cant just leave," Kaden protests but she doesnt answer him, just keeps rubbing my arm as she leads me out of the house and into the car where Quinn is hiding behind it and rubbing his hip.

"Jumping out a window is much harder than it looks," he mutters, "What happened?" He says as he looks at me.

Rya just shakes her head and unlocks the car, "Get in. We have to get out of here. Now."