Chapter Eleven

Reader

"I can't believe it... What a horrible thing to do."

"I know... Pretending to be a guy? How shameful."

"I heard she's transferring to Karasuno High."

"The nerve of some people."

I expected this kind of response, honestly. With the transfer nearly finished, my real identity had to be revealed, including the documents that had been forged concerning my fake identity.

Now I was -legally- (Name) (Last Name). There was no denying who I was now that the secret was out.

Naturally, I received a lot of skepticism from students, hate from various schools, and attention from the news. 'Rising Star is revealed to have been hiding their true gender'. Stuff like that...

But I couldn't care less. Today's my last day at this school, and I'll be starting fresh at Karasuno tomorrow. My classes have been selected, as well as my homeroom. Class 1-4, a college prep class. Despite the drama circulating around my name, there is no doubt about my high academic performance. That was why I was at this school in the first place...

"Hey Kats - (Last Name)?"

I turned to see Kasha-san; one of the friends I had made while I was still 'Katsuro'.

"Yeah? What is it?"

We hadn't spoken since the truth was revealed, so I figured he wanted to get out whatever he had been holding in or whatever.

"I... I want to say I'm angry... That I feel betrayed... But I just can't... You were my best friend... Someone I confided in... But now that I know who you really are..."

Here we go...

"I realize you're the kindest girl I've probably ever met... And I must ask... Will you be my girlfriend?!"

I, as well as everyone in the classroom, was stunned into silence.

"I can't accept just being best friends after everything we've gone through. Please-"

I cut him off by suddenly blurting out my answer.

"I can't! I like someone else!"

Kashi was silenced, but everyone else in the class started whispering amongst themselves.

Why did I just say that...?! I don't have a crush on anyone!

"I see... Thanks for being a great friend..."

Dejected and probably heartbroken, Kashi walked out of the classroom.

I wanted to say something to someone I had considered a good friend for so long, but I knew it was time to move on. He had been friends with 'Katsuro', and I had rejected him as '(Name)'.

It's time to look towards the future...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Narrator

"Isn't tomorrow when (Last Name)'s transfer is finalized?" Yachi questioned Kiyoko, helping her to clean up the messy gym.

"I believe so. That's probably why she couldn't make it today."

"That makes sense. It'll be so nice to have another girl in the group. This team is great, but having someone more feminine will be nice." Yachi commented, looking over to the guys who were fighting over... She didn't even know anymore.

"I suppose. But this group is great regardless of femininity."

"Right! Sorry Shimizu-senpai!"