Chapter Fifteen

Reader

Wow... I knew the other teams here were incredible, but to lose every match...

"Come on, we got to do another run." Daichi called out, which was received by the other team member's groans.

Frowning softly, I placed my paper that I was writing down and put my hair up with a hair thing I kept nearby whenever I was doing volleyball.

"Shimizu-senpai, I'm going to go with them for the final run. I know we aren't forced to participate, but I figured they shouldn't be the only ones to suffer."

I let out a forced laugh, hoping it wouldn't seem as offensive in any way.

"Alright. Don't push yourself; you were nodding off earlier so be careful."

Heat rose to my cheeks as I remembered that happening not even an hour ago...

"Right, thank you!"

Giving her a small bow of gratitude, I slipped on my running shoes before catching up to the guys who had barely started their run. Though as this point, it was more of a desperate wobble up the hill.

"I know you're all tired, but you can do it!"

The nearby members turned to me, surprised to see me running alongside them.

"Why are you here? You don't have to run..." Kageyama questioned.

"Since you're here, can you carry me...?" Nishinoya pleaded, having already resorted to crawling due to his exhaustion.

"I don't think it would be good for her to carry you. She may get hurt." Asahi mentioned, helping Nishinoya get to his feet.

"I suppose..."

"Guys, come on or else you'll get left behind!" Sugawara called out, not wanting anyone to be left behind.

Naturally, I helped Sugawara with keeping everyone caught up as I felt this is what I could do to help.

Looking back to make sure no one was left behind, I noticed Tsukishima and Tadashi talking, before Tadashi kept going, leaving Tsukishima behind.

"Yamaguchi-san, is Tsukishima doing alright?" I questioned, concerned as I noticed him not continuing to run.

"I'm not sure... He told me to go on ahead since he needed a moment to rest. I hope he'll be alright."

I frowned softly.

"You go on ahead; I'll make sure he's alright. This whole run-thing isn't a requirement for me, so I may as well do what I can to help while I'm here."

Tadashi smiled, giving a small 'thanks' before going on ahead.

Turning back, I jogged up to Tsukishima in hopes of figuring out what was bothering him.

"Tsukishima, is everything alright?"

Tsukishima was breathing quite heavily, body drenched in sweat. He couldn't seem to respond as he was hunched over in desperation to calm his breathing down.

While everyone on the team seemed to be exhausted, Tsukishima seemed to be taking the training camp's exhaustion to another level.

"Perhaps we should get you back-"

"No! I can finish this!"

Although his tone didn't show much belief in his words, I could see the determination he held to finish the run.

"I believe you. Let's just take it slow."

A few minutes later, Tsukishima and I began to lightly jog up the hill. On our way to the turnaround spot, the others were already heading back. I made sure to assure Daichi that we'd be back soon and to tell Sugawara that we'd be safe.