Chapter Thirteen

Reader

"No... No... No!" I cried out as I desperately searched through my bag.

"What's wrong (Last Name)?" Tadashi questioned, looking away from his lunch.

"I... I forgot to pack my lunch!"

I slumped down, my face resting on the desk as I gave up searching.

"I had even gone to the trouble of preparing a nice lunch too..."

Closing my eyes softly, I whined in hunger.

"Oh hey-"

I heard Tadashi quiet down as I heard a 'plop' on my desk. Looking up, I saw a small boxed lunch sitting on my desk. And basically towering over me was Tsukishima.

"Your whining was annoying, so here. Be grateful."

And with that, he placed his headphones over his ears, heading back to his seat. Despite the rudeness in his tone... I had to admit I was grateful for the lunch.

"Um... Thank you, Tsukishima-san!"

He didn't respond... Probably due to the headphones he was wearing. But if he was wearing those the entire time, how did he hear my whining for food...

"Wow, I never expected Tsukki to give away his food. Granted, he doesn't have the largest appetite, but still..."

Tadashi has known Tsukishima for a long time, so for him to be saying that this was unexpected... Am I meant to feel special?

"I can't say I was expecting that either. Still, I'm grateful. I'll have to find a way to thank him later."

Tadashi smiles softly.

"I can't say for sure if he'll accept your thank-you, but if you need any help just ask. But I will say that he loves strawberry shortcake, if that helps at all."

"Wow... I must say I wasn't expecting to hear that. But I can't blame him; strawberry shortcake is delicious. Thank you for telling me that!"

"Of course." Tadashi stated before me a worried look, "You may want to eat before lunch is over."

"Right...!"

The two of us then began to eat in silence, though made sure to not rush to prevent what had happened the other day...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I can go copy these papers for you Shimizu-senpai. I don't mind."

Kiyoko tried to assure me that she could do it, but I was already gone before she could fight back.

The other guys were warming up, so I figured I could do this before the actual practice began.

Hurrying through the halls, I avoided running into the students who remained for their various after-school activities, and apologized to anyone who I did run into.

Arriving in the copying room, I began to scan each paper and print the copies Kiyoko needed. As the printer made some noise while doing its job, I was unaware of others entering the room.

"Oh, so you're the new transfer student. I must say I'm surprised."

Turning towards the voice, I saw four guys who I assumed were in the baseball club based on their attire and the fact that one guy had a baseball bat partially visible from his bag.

"That's right. Do you need to use the printer? I'm almost done-"

Without warning, the guy closest to me put his hand on my chin, tilting my head up to face him.