Chapter Nineteen

Reader

After having worked so hard during this training camp, it's hard to believe that we're heading back tomorrow. It's been a valuable experience, as well as a wonderful opportunity to bond with each other as a team. Although we did form a bond with the other teams as well, which I'm fairly certain no one regrets.

Outside, the coaches had prepared a barbecue for all the teams, and everyone was happily filling their stomachs. As I was labeled as a team manager on paper, I felt it was my job to help the other girls with making sure everyone had food and such. Even though my role for the team was different, I still felt as though it was my responsibility to help out. After all, I wasn't a player for the team.

"(Last Name)-san, you don't have to help out. We've got this taken care of."

I had a feeling Yachi-san would say something like that.

"It's alright; I really don't mind helping. Besides, I'm not that hungry at the moment."

That was probably the biggest lie I've said this week. With the food here, I'm extremely hungry. But I want to make sure I do my part for the rest of the team.

"If you say so..."

With a sigh of defeat Yachi left, her nervousness making Nekoma's libero concerned. I can't say that I blame him for being concerned.

"(First-Name)! You should hurry and grab some food before it's gone!"

Turning towards our team's barbecue, I could see Tadashi seeming concerned as various members tried to keep Fukurodani's team captain away from our food.

I know Bokuto-senpai is a talented athlete, but sometimes he acts as immature as Hinata-san. And that's really saying a lot.

I suppose I really should get something to eat, before it's too late.

"Coming Tadashi!"

Navigating through the crowd, I made it to our barbecue, swiftly preparing a plate for myself. Once the first bite's flavor had blessed my taste buds, I was one of the most aggressive ones in keeping Bokuto-senpai away.

"This is our team's food! No more stealing!"

Even though the rest of the team had been struggling to keep Bokuto-senpai away, my harshest glare was enough to leave him sulking back to his own barbecue. I apologize in advance, Akaashi-senpai.

"(Last Name)-san, do you have a minute to go talk?"

By the tone Tsukishima-san used, it was clear he seemed slightly embarrassed and perhaps nervous about asking to speak to me alone.

"Sure, just let me get some extra - Hey! That's mine!"

Perhaps it was the fact I had been forcing myself to act like a guy for years, but I have to admit I sometimes act like I used to while being 'Katsuro'.

Once I had claimed my beautiful chunk of meat, I turned back to Tsukishima-san.

"Let's go."

After grabbing a couple extra napkins, Tsukishima-san and I headed to the nearby corner to go behind; this would give us some privacy at the very least.

"Is something wrong, Tsukishima-san?" I questioned before taking a bite of the delicious meat.

The way Tsukishima-san had rested his back against the wall, how his eyes seemed to avoid all contact with mine...

"Would you... Would you mind if I called you by your first name...?"

Before I could process what Tsukishima had said, a small notebook of some kind was handed to me.