Chapter Seven

No... No! No! No!

This can't be happening! How could the timing be so horrible!? Even though I figured it would happen eventually... Why did it have to happen today?!

Curled up in a ball, I couldn't gather the strength to move from my bed. The pain was simply too much for me to bear, and I felt like I was going to die from the pain.

Yep... It was that time of the month. And to be honest, it couldn't come at a worse time. The game's today, but I can't even get out of my bed.

... Why did this have to happen today of all days?! Even if I took medication, there's no way I could play my best. Whether it be physical or emotional, I'd be a hindrance.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Sugawara, is that your phone that's ringing?" Daichi questioned me once seeing that it wasn't his phone that was going off.

"I can check." I stated, searching for my phone that was in my sports bag.

Oh. It is going off.

"Yeah, that's me. Excuse me."

Once out of the club room, I answered the phone.

"Hello? Sugawara speaking."

...

"Oh, hello Katsuro. Nah, you're not interrupting anything."

...

"Really?! That's too bad. Don't worry, I'll be sure to tell the others. Make sure you drink plenty of water. And don't eat anything too fatty or sugary. Remember to breathe!"

...

"Right... I suppose I should get going now. Hope you get better soon."

Ending the call, I headed back to the club room.

"Who was it on the phone? Was it a girl...!?" Nishinoya questioned, giving me a knowing smirk.

"Nah, nothing of the sort. Katsuro called. He's sick, so he won't be able to make it."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Interesting... Could she really be sick? I mean, I'm sure she knows I could very easily spill her secret... Though I suppose if she actually got sick, there's nothing she could do...

"Tsukki, what's up? You've been spacing out for the last few minutes. You're not sick as well, are you?"

Shaking my head, I grabbed my bag.

"Don't worry about it. Let's go fill up our water bottles."

"Yes Tsukki!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shuffling down the stairs, I wore my blanket like a cape, my figure looking quite miserable. I had managed to take a shower, but that had taken all of my energy to do so.

"(Name), you look horrible. What happened?!"

I groaned softly in pain as I plopped onto the couch.

"It came early..."

Luckily for me, she understood instantly, and left momentarily to retrieve the pain medicine, in addition to a heating pad. She even brought me my favorite chocolate.

"Thank you..." I groaned, taking the medicine she had brought.

"Today's your lucky day; I got a day to work from home, so I'll make sure you're taken care of."