Chapter Three

Well, I can certainly see why Kuroo warned me about their 'special weapon'. He was basically running around the entire court at all times, and with their team attacks... It was difficult blocking them.

But not impossible.

Sure, I wasn't the tallest person on the court, but a similarity I had with the jumping orange was the jumping power I had worked on. My brother had always been the taller one, and so I had to make sure I could make up for that...

"Nice block!"

"Thanks!"

High-fiving the team's libero -Morisuke Yaku-, a smile was evident on our faces.

"You've really been saving our asses."

I shook my head slightly, flustered by the compliment.

"It's not just me. We're a team, so everyone should be acknowledged for their efforts."

"I suppose that's true."

Looking to the other side of the net, it seemed like the Karasuno team was getting tired. Though after losing five sets in a row, that would make sense. In addition, I could hear some of the teammates' comments.

"Just what is that guy made of?!"

"It's hard to believe he can take on any role. Did you see those last-minute serves?!"

"I know what you mean! He was like 'whoosh!' and 'ka-zam!'."

Seems like that little first-year still has tons of energy to spare. It's hard to believe that he does, but I can't help but admire his spirit.

With the right team, he could go far.

As I was heading to the bench to get water, I could swear I saw someone glaring at me. Though when I turned my head, I saw no one...

Was I just imagining it?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Alright, let's pack up for the day."

"Yes sir!"

After giving our handshakes to thank the other team for the game, I began to gather my things together.

"That's a cute-looking dinner."

Slightly startled, I turned to see the team's setter, Kenma Kozume.

"Is it? Just something my mom packed since I'd be taking the bus home."

"Okay."

Without a real ending to the conversation, Kenma walked off. I could already tell he was on the shyer side, but still... How awkward.

"Well, what did you think of the team? Do you think you'd like to join us for the upcoming tournament?"

Turning my head, I saw the team's elderly coach.

"Well, I tell this to all the teams, and I'm not trying to sound repetitive, but... I'd like to test out all my options before deciding on a team. I hope you can understand."

As if on instinct, I bowed slightly in respect.

"You don't need to apologize. Finding what team works best is important. Just know you're welcome to come back if you change your mind."

"Yes sir!"

Grabbing my things, I zipped up my jacket and headed out of the school.

If I sprint the next few blocks, I should be able to make the bus...