Chapter Four

I still don't understand why I decided to come to Karasuno High to practice with them. Perhaps their team intrigued me? They did seem nice.

No, I know that's not the reason... If what that guy said was true... Does that mean he figured out my gender? It's been a good couple years since anyone noticed... And that's only because I was still getting used to hiding my gender.

How did he figure my secret out...?

Kei Tsukishima... I will need to learn more about you...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sliding the door to the outside gym, I figured I was a bit early. I did come twenty minutes early.

Oh... While I did expect the third-years to perhaps be early, I didn't expect almost everyone here at the practice. I did take notice that the blonde was missing though...

"I hope I'm not intruding on anything." I stated simply, heading over to a nearby chair to put my things down.

The team captain approached me, a gentle smile on his face.

"Not at all. We should be thanking you for joining us for our practice today. If there's anything you need, feel free to just ask."

Bowing slightly, I found myself smiling as well.

"Of course. Thank you, Sawamura-senpai!"

Daichi raised his hand up slightly, seeming defensive.

"There's no need for that here. Just relax. Feel free to join us once you finish warming up."

He then turns to join the others who were practicing receives, catching a ball on his way back.

"Yes sir!"

With that, I began my warm ups, not wanting to strain any muscles. Due to my naturally-flexible nature, I was able to finish my warm-ups with ease.

One of the things I always used to boast about to Katsuro...

"WOW! YOU'RE SO FLEXIBLE!"

Looking up from my current set of splits, I fell back when I saw how close Hinata was to my face.

He doesn't seem to know what personal space is...

"Oh, sorry! I was just so 'wow'd by your flexibility. I wish I was that flexible..." The energetic boy's voice trailed off.

"It's alright."

Standing up, I patted away some of the dust that had gotten on my pants.

"If you wouldn't mind, what are we working on currently?"

Hinata seemed like he was going to respond, but was cut off.

"Perhaps if you cared to observe your surroundings, you'd know."

Turning my face, I saw the blonde from before, accompanied by the other boy he's normally with.

Tadashi Yamaguichi, if I remember correctly.

"I mean, he was stretching and-"

A glare from the blonde shut up the timid male.

"Sorry Tsukki..."

"Perhaps I should've made myself clear." Tsukishima stated, approaching with a scowl on his face, "You don't belong here."

I frowned, only turning away when a stray ball was approaching. I was able to catch it, but Tsukishima still seemed displeased.

"If you insist... Make sure you can keep up."

I could tell what he was doing. He was challenging me. Taunting my abilities.